How To Get Into Showing.

whitka

I think I'd like to do the same, handle some other people's dog in preparation for the day I get my own. Not sure whose dogs I could handle though, don't know many DOL showies in Perth (and who would be happy to hand over a dog!!) ;)

RS, we have several show dogs available to teach you how to show ;) You can even show one at the Classic if you want (cause he is frustrating to those who know what to do ROFL)

Hi Whitka if you are willing to drive to Pakenham on Sat, stay the night , We are happy to help you & you can handle one of our baby Papillons on Sun Morning at the Berwick Kennel club Champ show. we have 3 in & only 2 handlers my third handler cant make it. Papillon babies are very easy to handle, ;) ooppssss I should say any baby Pups are easy to handle :D PM me if you like

Aww lucky, I love Papillons ;)

I didn't know there was a (reg) Pap breeder in town! :(

Thank you tollersowned ;) We got our Bitch from a west Gippsland breeder, we were lucky the breeder alowed us to use a suitible sire over her, our girl had 4 boys, we have 1 left

Thank you tollersowned :D We got our Bitch from a west Gippsland breeder, we were lucky the breeder alowed us to use a suitible sire over her, our girl had 4 boys, we have 1 left

Maybe it's a good thing I am not entered in Berwick, otherwise that little guy would be coming home with me ;) :D

I think I'd like to do the same, handle some other people's dog in preparation for the day I get my own. Not sure whose dogs I could handle though, don't know many DOL showies in Perth (and who would be happy to hand over a dog!!) :D

RS, we have several show dogs available to teach you how to show ;) You can even show one at the Classic if you want (cause he is frustrating to those who know what to do ROFL)

That actually sounds quite worrying, if experienced handlers are frustrated then I would well and truly not be cut out for the job! :D

I'm free on the agility games night of the Classic so if you want a hand then and can show me what to do I'll make myself available ;) I'm entered the other 3 nights which is stressful enough so don't want to take on a new activity when my mind is elsewhere! :eek:

That actually sounds quite worrying, if experienced handlers are frustrated then I would well and truly not be cut out for the job! ;)

He is actually "easy" to handle but gets bored in the ring and doesn't like pricking his ears forward for the judge :D This has lost him wins on several occasions. Mum learnt to handle with him as it didn't matter if she stuffed up (which she would do from nerves) coz it wouldn't make any difference to Boots :D So the reason he frustrates more experienced handlers is coz he likes ignoring the handlers attempts to get him excited and yawn in the judge's face ;) Mum has only started getting frustrated with him after about 2 years of learning.

ETA: I am fairly sure it is the Games night he is entered in. I only entered Banjo in the show on the Agility night.

Edited by mirawee

That actually sounds quite worrying, if experienced handlers are frustrated then I would well and truly not be cut out for the job! ;)

He is actually "easy" to handle but gets bored in the ring and doesn't like pricking his ears forward for the judge :D This has lost him wins on several occasions. Mum learnt to handle with him as it didn't matter if she stuffed up (which she would do from nerves) coz it wouldn't make any difference to Boots :D So the reason he frustrates more experienced handlers is coz he likes ignoring the handlers attempts to get him excited and yawn in the judge's face ;) Mum has only started getting frustrated with him after about 2 years of learning.

ETA: I am fairly sure it is the Games night he is entered in. I only entered Banjo in the show on the Agility night.

So what breed are we talking? :eek:

(sorry whitka for the hijack!)

I've been thinking about this for a while and I really want to get into showing or at least give it a go. Only problem is I dont have a dog to show nor will I be able to get one for a while ;) I have competed in Obeidence and Agility trials. So are there any options for those like me?

Hi Whitka if you are willing to drive to Pakenham on Sat, stay the night , We are happy to help you & you can handle one of our baby Papillons on Sun Morning at the Berwick Kennel club Champ show. we have 3 in & only 2 handlers my third handler cant make it. Papillon babies are very easy to handle, :D ooppssss I should say any baby Pups are easy to handle :D PM me if you like

I wont be able to go over that way until next month, but I would love to handle a baby pap ;)

Thats ok RS :eek:

I'm the same as you, whitka... will hopefully getting my show dog sooner rather than later tho, depending on how the babies turn out! I would LOVE to get into showing... what are the best show classes to attend in Vic?

I've been thinking about this for a while and I really want to get into showing or at least give it a go. Only problem is I dont have a dog to show nor will I be able to get one for a while ;) I have competed in Obeidence and Agility trials. So are there any options for those like me?

Hi Whitka if you are willing to drive to Pakenham on Sat, stay the night , We are happy to help you & you can handle one of our baby Papillons on Sun Morning at the Berwick Kennel club Champ show. we have 3 in & only 2 handlers my third handler cant make it. Papillon babies are very easy to handle, :D ooppssss I should say any baby Pups are easy to handle :D PM me if you like

I wont be able to go over that way until next month, but I would love to handle a baby pap :eek:

Thats ok RS :eek:

Hi guys well we are booked in for the Berwick Kc 13/2

Berwick Ag show 26/2

Warragul Kc 14/3

just look for a green umbrella tent with a Whippet as well as 3 Pappy pups I usually set up near group 1 ring ;)

Edited by murve

Vic show classes are done at KCC on a thursday night about 7:30 i think it starts and about 15 bucks?? lovely lady as well, knows her stuff!

ETA: there are private trainers as well like Ashley Reid and the likes but i dont know details of them :S

Edited by kirst_goldens

Vic show classes are done at KCC on a thursday night about 7:30 i think it starts and about 15 bucks?? lovely lady as well, knows her stuff!

ETA: there are private trainers as well like Ashley Reid and the likes but i dont know details of them :S

Yes Kirst goldens you are right in the show classes at the Park in the Pavilion

Leigh Cogley is the lady who does show classes at Kcc Park & it only cost $11.00 per person, I know last week they were still going at 9pm when we left.

Ashly Reid web is http://www.showclasses.com.au/

Whitka, keep March 27 free. There's a members comp on at Morwell, I will enter Dusty and Isaak and you can handle both if you like. It's a relaxed, casual day, great for learning and really good fun. There are 2 comps so you'll get 4 goes in the ring.