Long Shot - Recommend Me A Vet In Toowoomba Qld

gtjell

Well I'm pretty sure I want out of our current Vet surgery after my Labs vacs the other day so I know its a long shot but can anyone recommend a good vet in Toowoomba Qld.

Thanks

What are your requirements? What are you looking for exactly in the way of a vet.

PM me the name of the vet if you like.

I have just discovered another vet(little bit further away) that may be the one for us.

Paul and Alan. Great vets.

Toowoomba Veterinary Hospital

191 Hume Street

Toowoomba.

Behind the Hooper Centre

Very knowledgable, not too expensive. Used to go to the surgery in the middle of the night for me .... and neither made me feel bad nor charged exorbitantly. Lots of experience

And trust me, I am picky about my vets. :D

PS - Hope this isnt the surgery you are running away from!! Oops

Stonebridge, why not post it on the forum, so others can make use of the information? :)

Edited by Jed

Forgot - but not quite Toowoomba.

Jane at Allora is a very good vet. Sorry, can 't remember her last name or the name of the practice, but it is the one on the hill on the lhs of the highway just before the Allora turnoff on the highway on the way to Warwick. If she still owns it. Very knowledgable.

Thanks Jed :)

It was a young vet at Herriot House I had a problem with. I had a highly excitable young lab with me (14 weeks) and she basically gave me a lecture how people think labs just lie around and be patted and that people really need to research their breed choice. Anyways that was just the beginning....they've been my vet for years but not any more.

My requirements for a vet I guess are just to be approachable - I mentioned that I MIGHT not desex him until after 12/18 months and she basically told me any research on delaying it was unfounded and that it would be irresponsible not to desex him.

So back to requirements - approachable, caring. Nothing out of the ordinary really.

Forgot - but not quite Toowoomba.

Jane at Allora is a very good vet. Sorry, can 't remember her last name or the name of the practice, but it is the one on the hill on the lhs of the highway just before the Allora turnoff on the highway on the way to Warwick. If she still owns it. Very knowledgable.

Jane is a very good vet. havent seen her for awhile. She is very approachable.

The Allora vets are owned by The Warwick vet club(unless she has brought him out, but last time I knew she was only working there)

Unfortunately it is 45kms from where I live so would be over 60kms from Toowoomba itself.

May not be good for emergency situations.

Thanks Jed :)

It was a young vet at Herriot House I had a problem with. I had a highly excitable young lab with me (14 weeks) and she basically gave me a lecture how people think labs just lie around and be patted and that people really need to research their breed choice. Anyways that was just the beginning....they've been my vet for years but not any more.

My requirements for a vet I guess are just to be approachable - I mentioned that I MIGHT not desex him until after 12/18 months and she basically told me any research on delaying it was unfounded and that it would be irresponsible not to desex him.

So back to requirements - approachable, caring. Nothing out of the ordinary really.

Ok. Now the vet I am going to make an appointment with for my dog vaccinations and if all goes well other vet work if needed, is a Lab breeder.

How would that suit you

I know nothing else about this vet but he does come recommended and I had a great conversation with another vet who works there

will pm you in the morning

Alan and Paul!

Stonebridge, I haven't seen or heard of Jane for a few years. She bought the practice from (forgotten his name), and may have sold it to someone else since I knew her. I am surprised she did sell it.

Alan and Paul!

Stonebridge, I haven't seen or heard of Jane for a few years. She bought the practice from (forgotten his name), and may have sold it to someone else since I knew her. I am surprised she did sell it.

Allora vets is owned by Warwick vets

well it was 15 months ago when I had the two girls speyed :D

Havent been there since

Gtjell

try Highfields Veterinary Surgery

Kuhls Rd

The practice you mention gtjell, is a large one, with a lot of new grads. Unfortunately, a lot of them are imbued with the animal rights propaganda, and maybe not the right mix for a future breeder.

Bob's a great vet, particularly with birds and natives