Staffie X Problem

DoggyTopia

Hi All,

I'm a newbie and this is my first post so I'm sorry if I have posted in the wrong section.

I have a problem and would like some advice from others who might know a little about what I'm going to talk about.

I am a registered breeder of Border Collies, I have owned them most of my life.

My issue is, I own 2 Border Collies and my partner owns a Staffie x Cattle (but more staffie) he is 2 years old and a Chihuahua X foxy he is 8 years old, both of her dogs are very friendly, we are down at the dog park all the time playing with no dramas at all. The Staffie X just loves people, licks all the time love cuddles and is so gentle and has never attacked another dog before, but since we moved in together the Staffie has attacked just one of my Border Collies a few times, has not done any damage just scared the hell out of my border collie, he wont attack my other BC for some reason just the same one.

Until last week he attacked him again but it was bad, did a huge amount of damage, my BC had to have surgery. Then 2 days after that attack the Staffie attack the little Chihuahua X that he has grown up with, he has never attacked him ever before.

Personally I have not had much to do with the Staffie breed at all, the dog is now separate and away from all the other dogs and I'm not sure what we can do or if anyone is familiar with this breed that maybe can shed some light for us. Obviously my partner and I are both shattered and needs help.

Thank you

Edited by DoggyTopia

Please keep up updated on this, as a friend recently went through the same thing. At Christmas they rescued a fourth dog (kelpie x ridgeback). From the moment he came into the house their 3yo purebred/registered/papered GSD started attacking their older BC who she'd grown up with and has done more damage to a dog that was already damaged from an unrelated accident. I have my own opinion as to why this happened but would be interested in hearing what a professional behaviouralist thinks.

(Friends situation was fixed in that the GSD was rehomed recently and is loving it!).