Schnauzer Bumps?

Schnauzer comedone syndrome can be helped by using special shampoos and keeping the body clean, they are similar to blackheads. I've only come across it in grooming clients dogs who were from puppy farms though :thumbsup:/

In 25 plus years of being around minis we have never had it & we groom one dogs that has break outs.

We groom on average 5/6 minis a week.

The one dog that does have break outs isn't exactly feed a good diet,they never wash it so its skin is always dirty .

• 4 weeks later...

Bobbi has been developing some bumps, so far she's got 2 but I've popped one - both bumps is on her legs. A friend who owns a mini schnauzer from the same breeder told me that I shouldn't worry and just pop it whenever it's ready. Bobbi doesn't seem to notice it at all, but this morning before I go to work I notice that she's licking her leg (the part with the bump).

After browsing about schnauzer bumps, I'm getting a bit worry and will definitely check it when I get home.

Oh, a little background...she didn't have any when we got her (about 2 months ago), the first time I notice her bump is last week. I think it's because I usually take her to the park, but have stopped in the past 2 weeks because she was diagnosed with a grade 3 or 4 heart murmur. According to some of the articles that I read, sunshine plays a big part in helping to stop the bumps....and her coat is starting to grow thick so my next plan is to keep an eye on the bump and take her to the rooftop for some morning sunshine before I go to work