I Think I've Created A Rod For My Own Back Lol!

mutt lover

Well 2 weeks ago my old dog of 16 years lady had 2 seizures a small one and a big one which lasted quite a while.

Has since come good again for now but as I've been pandering to her every whim like bringing her water bowl to her while she's sitting on sofa in comp room so she doesn't have to get up and also did that with her dinner last couple of nights as I thought seeing she not well and may not be around for much longer while she is quiet and relaxing better to leave her that way. :laugh:

Hmm problem I now have is Lady is barking at me pretty much all the time now for attention and whenever she wants anything has figured out that she doesn't have to get up that mum will run and pander to her every need thus I have created one very spoilt demanding old dog but feel at least this way she is resting instead of pacing around the house barking into space like she is normally, but somehow can't help thinking that she is playing me just a bit, is hard when you love your animals so much and wish they could talk to let you know if they are in pain or not!!!

Well 2 weeks ago my old dog of 16 years lady had 2 seizures a small one and a big one which lasted quite a while.

Has since come good again for now but as I've been pandering to her every whim like bringing her water bowl to her while she's sitting on sofa in comp room so she doesn't have to get up and also did that with her dinner last couple of nights as I thought seeing she not well and may not be around for much longer while she is quiet and relaxing better to leave her that way. :laugh:

Hmm problem I now have is Lady is barking at me pretty much all the time now for attention and whenever she wants anything has figured out that she doesn't have to get up that mum will run and pander to her every need thus I have created one very spoilt demanding old dog but feel at least this way she is resting instead of pacing around the house barking into space like she is normally, but somehow can't help thinking that she is playing me just a bit, is hard when you love your animals so much and wish they could talk to let you know if they are in pain or not!!!

Sounds like "Queen Jess" now at the "Bridge". After Jesie was diagnosed with Dilated Cardiomyopathy and given a prognosis of "6 months, 12 if she's lucky" we started to let her get away with things ;) Like your old girl she milked it for all she was worth, and we wouldn't have had it any other way :o Jessie made it to 3 years from being diagnosed and had us under her paw at her beck and call. Still if I told her to do something I still expected her to do it.

Enjoy your old girl and spoil her, she won't be around for much longer :o

My older boy was like that after he was sick ... I spent a lot of time with him and helped him out so he didn't over do it.

He milked it for all it was worth even refusing to hop up on his bed without assistance. Every now and again he won't jump straight into my car but will put his front legs up and then looks over his should with a "well!!" look on his face.

Silly me would oblige and lift his back half up ... only to later find out from the neighbours he had jumped the temporary 1.2 metre fence (to fence off the hedge to give it a change to grow) from a sitting position.

I had one of those who hurt his leg and had it bandaged. He got to come into work with me and spend all his time with me as I was glad he had not died. He would do zoomies and then "limp" when I looked at him so I would fuss about him.

Well it seems our dogs know exactly how to twist us around their paws :laugh: I also remember an old dog my family had when I was a kid he was recovering from an operation and wouldn't get off his bed to get his dinner so mum also bought him his dinner. A couple of days after his op he was still milking it for all its worth and mum had put him outside on his bed to have a snooze in the sun and had put his dinner just a little bit away from him but no he still stayed there but not long after I had a friend visit who had her dog come to visit our dog thought it may cheer him up and you may guess what happened? friends dog went straight for our dogs dinner bowl and he was up off his bed in a flash ;) but look of his face was like "Oops sprung" lol! he tried to go back to the poor sick injured dog again but mum was like too late Bundle I know you been conning us now. :o

I had one of those who hurt his leg and had it bandaged. He got to come into work with me and spend all his time with me as I was glad he had not died. He would do zoomies and then "limp" when I looked at him so I would fuss about him.

I love the dogs who forget which leg they are supposed to be limping on ... :laugh:

Edited by Tilly