Ruby Is Going To My Ex

I'm heartbroken. :confused:

I love this dog, even though she has cost me a fortune in special food (allergies), surgeries (tumour on spleen, ruptured cruciate, full dental etc), and can be nasty around food, toys and the like.

No arrangements have been made yet. But I just can't keep three dogs any more and expect to get a rental property I can afford.

I'm so sad. I will be able to see her of course, but I'm going to miss my 'little brown dog'. :D :rofl::)

I'm just going to have lots of cuddles with her...make lots of happy memories...for both of us. :)

aww that's such a shame - maybe you can get her back in a few months

Or you could give them all to your ex and then get a place a bit easier, get settled back into work and when you have a bit of money behind you grab them all off him for a more suitable rental

can your parents take on any of the dogs short term?

aww that's such a shame - maybe you can get her back in a few months

Or you could give them all to your ex and then get a place a bit easier, get settled back into work and when you have a bit of money behind you grab them all off him for a more suitable rental

can your parents take on any of the dogs short term?

He can only take one dog and he's elected to take Ruby who is his dog anyway...he's in a unit with a small yard so one dog is okay but more than that and he'd have the same issues I'm having with council regs (same council area).

My parents don't like dogs inside and have said they would put my dogs in the shed if I/they stayed there temporarily. Not going to go there...the dogs would fret something terrible being housed in the shed. Which means they'd be noisy too. :D It's not a bad shed...and they'd have access to a fenced 1/2 acre...but Lilly wouldn't cope with the 'wildlife' on their block! They get all kinds of birds and critters as they have the back half as natural bush as possible. The front half they wouldn't have the dogs in because that's their 'garden'. Which I understand. :)

The best solution is for Ruby to go with him. She'll be happy with him and I know he'll be glad of the company. He tells me he's lonely. :(

I'll adjust. It will simplify things for me as well...and reduce my expenditure a little, so I shouldn't complain. I can still see her as we probably won't be living too far apart once I get back to Brisbane. ;) I'm just having a sook. :)