Dog Baskets/hammocks For The Car

Nadine83

Hi everyone,

We are looking at buying a padded material dog basket/seat/hammock (not sure what they are called but it is like a padded material box and the dog lays/sits in it) that can be put in the back seat of our car (until we buy a station wagon). All the ones I have seen need to attach to the front AND back headrests of the car.

We don't have back headrests as such (only a hump not a proper headrest like the front) and we would need to put the basket in the middle of the back seat (between our girls carseats). I was thinking one that can attach onto both headrests (one strap on each) and then the back can be fastened with the centre anchor point.

Is there such a thing??? And if so where can I buy it?

Or do you think I can just adjust one myself?

Edited by Nadine83

if i am thinking of what you are thinking of, it's called a "backseat buddy"

Backseat Buddy

Just re-read your post and it might not quite be the same... but it could possibly still work. The one i had attached to the anchor points (not the headrests) and the front seat headrests. you can get them with the cutouts for the seatbelts so they might still be able to sit on top of the bacseat buddy.

Edited by SparkyTansy

Nadine I was thinking the same thing for my dog when we get it. We have a sedan, and I want a basket/box thing to securely anchor it to the middle seat. I have seen them with a seat belt base, so you can clip in your dogs harness while they are sitting in the basket. But I have only seen them for the front section, where it goes between the two front seats on top of the centre console....which I think is silly really as they are only available for large 4WD cars....

If anyone knows of anything like this, can you please give a link?

Thanks

BF