Greatest American Dog Show?

Shakti

Hi Sky,

From memory it had ten teams consisting of a handler and their dog who competed in various challenits paws or letting it roll over and over with paint on it to the really interesting eg having the dog do a Sit-Stay while an elephant was walked quickly towards them trumpeting!!

I was blown away by a little Maltese named Andrew who was not jus tthe only dog to hold his Stay when confronted with the elephant but actually yawned!!

I think there was a huge amount of politicking in it and various training methods were absolutely torn to shreds (regardless of whether or not they had worked) but over all a very interesting and entertaining show

Sounds interesting, I bet there was a lot we would disagree with, some we would question, but also find some things interesting and fun. Politics in that sort of thing are never nice I suppose, but I have never gotten into showing dogs myself so I don't really know. Dogs and elephants....whatever next.

I was blown away by a little Maltese named Andrew who was not jus tthe only dog to hold his Stay when confronted with the elephant but actually yawned!!

No doubt looked cute, but yawning is usually a sign of stress, so don't misunderstand what you saw. Didn't see the show myself, sounds like some well trained dogs and dedicated owners :laugh: