Floorboarded Houses, What Sort Of Rugs Do You Have Considering You Hav

Isabel964

we got ours (pictured) from rugs a million I think - that is 5mths without a clean in the pic (other than when my wife drunknly spills her red wine :laugh: ) as you can see from the second pic he likes to spend more time on the lounge than rug anyway, and with that luckily his coat mixes in quite well colourwise.

post-39143-1301367860_thumb.jpg

Mainly tiles, and some floorboards for us. She has her own beds but likes tiles for their cool. One large rug in living room, was tearing my hair out trying to keep it clean of long BC hair, discovered that a tile grout scrubbing brush does the job brilliantly, its like a heavy duty scrubber but only a couple of rows wide and fits onto a screw in swivel broom handle. Quicker than getting the vac out every day, and now only steam clean rug around once a month.

I have tiles in the hall and main living space and I have two good quality Persian handwoven rugs in this area. Well I do when I'm not toilet training a puppy. The rugs vaccum up a treat because they are single thread and not loop, so the hairs come off them perfectly. They are easy to clean if a dog has a chucky moment (Bronte is a frequent chucker) because they are wool and repel most moisture.

I haven't done it, but the guy at the store said that being wool if things go really pear shaped I could take them out and hose them off too, then line dry them. I expect they would take a heck of a long time to dry though, they are pretty thick and heavy.

I agree, they're great and so easy with hair.

I have thrown 2 small ones in the washing machine :) and they survived...only just though. I wouldn't recommend it. :)

I have wool rugs which I have had to hose. My smaller ones I've hosed off quite a few times. They do take a couple of days to fully dry, but they come up OK