Urine Cleaner For Floorboards

Kitteh

Can any of you give me suggestions for a good cleaner (homemade or cheap store bought ) to clean up urine off the floorboards?

I've been using natures miracle, which has been great, but it's a bit on the expensive side.

TIA :laugh:

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the tips guys :p

Have been using the warm water and vinegar, but am hating the smell ( Like it on my chips, not so much on the floors)

Will give the bio zet a shot. ( hopefully not for too much longer!)

:laugh:

I use the Shannon Lush recipe: Into a litre bottle 1 teaspoon lavendar oil + 1 cup vinegar and top up with water. I clean up as much as I can with paper towel or washable rags, then I sprinkle with bicarb then spray with the mix then wipe up. The pong is weird but doesn't last long and dog won't seek out the same spot.

Number 1 rule of house training - never scold the dog (or let it think it's being scolded) or it will hide next time it needs to pee - which makes cleanup so much harder.

Number 2 rule - avoid using bleach - cos it smells like a spot that needs going over to a dog.

Number 3 rule - maybe this should be the first one - watch the dog like a hawk...

edit - lavendar oil, not essence or flowers - oops

Edited by Mrs Rusty Bucket

I use the Shannon Lush recipe: Into a litre bottle 1 teaspoon lavendar + 1 cup vinegar and top up with water. I clean up as much as I can with paper towel or washable rags, then I sprinkle with bicarb then spray with the mix then wipe up. The pong is weird but doesn't last long and dog won't seek out the same spot.

Number 1 rule of house training - never scold the dog (or let it think it's being scolded) or it will hide next time it needs to pee - which makes cleanup so much harder.

Number 2 rule - avoid using bleach - cos it smells like a spot that needs going over to a dog.

Number 3 rule - maybe this should be the first one - watch the dog like a hawk...

1.Oh I never scold the little guy, it isn't his fault.

2.I never use bleach on the floor, only on his fur. It's my "secret" to keeping him super white! :laugh: :p

3.I try, but he's a weeing ninja. I'll turn my back for a millisecond and WHAMO...puddle on the floor.

He's getting much better now though.

Is bleach safe to use on a dog? Given its toxic I wouldn't have thought so, but I'm prepared to be educated.

Oh god no, I was joking! :(

:laugh: Thank god. I'm home sick today and obviously my sense of humour isn't thinking straight.