How Did You Choose Your Breed Or Breed ?

jase293

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my family have always had Rough Collies my mum and dad use to breed them before i was born so i really had no choice but in saying that i do not see my life with out one in it im now 31yrs old and im owned by 2 girls who both are very different from each other one is a cheeky little miss and the other is quiet compared to her, they are so loyal loving and smart dogs and i love there long coats and big snouts lol i had 2 growing up both lived till 16-17 one after the each other so there is not one memory of not owning a collie

i would like to own a Samoyed one day or a husky but with owning cats im not sure if that is right for us but i do love them

My OH was taken with border collies after seeing that you tube clip where the border collie says 'hello'. The more he read about them, the more he liked them :thumbsup: . I have to agree!

I picked my current dog since I wanted something medium sized, short coated, with a huge working drive and the ability to participate in schutzhund if we didn't make the cut for SAR. I also didn't really care if the dog was a PITA when we weren't working. Hence, a WL mally. :(

I still have a huge soft spot for the bully breeds though, and if I ever want a pet again, or something to dabble in dogsports with, I'll probably be getting a SBT or Amstaff type dog.