2011 Flyball Nationals

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were supposed to go but we wont be any more. The logistics of trying to get all the way from the carpark into the grounds (and back out again through the crowded eatery area) with 9 dogs and all the associated gear was just too much :) I used to do the show when I only had 2 dogs and a crate and that was hard enough, no way we could do it with 9 dogs.

We were supposed to go but we wont be any more. The logistics of trying to get all the way from the carpark into the grounds (and back out again through the crowded eatery area) with 9 dogs and all the associated gear was just too much :) I used to do the show when I only had 2 dogs and a crate and that was hard enough, no way we could do it with 9 dogs.

I'm sure some people could have helped!! That's a pity! :)

Sigh, once again I have nothing to enter- Abby has just had a litter of puppies, and bluey is still an idiot. I will hopefully be there to cheer everyone on!!

For those that dont know me in the real world- I have the chocolate Kelpies and Finnish Lapphund from Southern Cross :p

I will have some puppy pictures to share though :scared:

Guest Clover

Ohhh Woofen i would love some photos of my guys :p, seems they always seem to get overlooked by photographers.

DC my Mum and I will have 6 dogs + all our stuff with us to get in. Not looking forward to it but i'm sure we will figure it out. It's a shame your not coming.

If anyone needs help lugging stuff from cars, I'm happy to help! Just send me a PM. :p

I'm only running in one team, so I'll have a little more time up my sleeve than usual so I plan on being ring-side for most of the time with camera in hand - so if anyone wants to put in requests, I'm more than happy to try and get shots of your dogs.

Guest Clover

TerraNik that would be wonderful, i would realy love a nice photo of my BC boy Elvis as he will be retiring sometime soon.

It is going to be a full on couple of days (especially as i'm running 3 dogs :p ), but it will be worth it i think.

TerraNik that would be wonderful, i would realy love a nice photo of my BC boy Elvis as he will be retiring sometime soon.

It is going to be a full on couple of days (especially as i'm running 3 dogs :p ), but it will be worth it i think.

No problem!! I'm sure I can manage something :laugh:

My two are in the same team, which is awesome! I don't have to run around like crazy! Much more 'relaxing'! :scared:

Guest Clover

Oh you lucky bugger, my 3 are in 3 different teams :p. We have a comp this weekend and i only have the one dog entered, and we only have one team going so it will be lovely.

Oh you lucky bugger, my 3 are in 3 different teams :D. We have a comp this weekend and i only have the one dog entered, and we only have one team going so it will be lovely.

We ran 4 teams last year at Dandenong, looking forward to a much more relaxed comp with just two.

Every team is getting multiple delivery passes as well as parking passes.

Not coming because of the equipment issue is a bit sad because it isn't that bad. You should have asked questions before the closing date. (I'm on the organising committee.) There are enough delivery passes being handed out that equipment etc can be driven right to the site. Then you only have to drive an empty car out to P5 and walk back in yourself or catch the shuttle bus.

DeltaCharlie with 9 dogs, Bec I assume you had at least one other person with you. You could have delivered all your gear and all those dogs right to the kerb next to the grounds and then one person stayed with the dogs and the other driven the car out.

Personally, I find Canberra Royal much trickier.

Its going to be good, 34 teams and lots of nice close racing!!

Every team is getting multiple delivery passes as well as parking passes.

Not coming because of the equipment issue is a bit sad because it isn't that bad. You should have asked questions before the closing date. (I'm on the organising committee.) There are enough delivery passes being handed out that equipment etc can be driven right to the site. Then you only have to drive an empty car out to P5 and walk back in yourself or catch the shuttle bus.

DeltaCharlie with 9 dogs, Bec I assume you had at least one other person with you. You could have delivered all your gear and all those dogs right to the kerb next to the grounds and then one person stayed with the dogs and the other driven the car out.

Personally, I find Canberra Royal much trickier.

Its going to be good, 34 teams and lots of nice close racing!!

Yeh getting in would have been do-able... its the getting out that night that would have posed the problem. You can't drive the cars in at night to pick up gear and we needed to drive back to Canberra that night so couldn't pick it up later or the following day.

At the point that we pulled out, we thought Tammy may have been away with work so it would have been just me. I wouldn't have even been able to bring all those dogs up from Canberra LOL as I don't have a tow bar on my car.

The other thing that would have made it hard is that 2 of them are only young pups, a few are petrified of kids (not a problem for the day of racing as it is roped off but not easy to walk through a crowd), and a few are huge food hogs who would drag us to whereever there was the whiff of dropped crumbs LOL

It seemed that everything was going against us and when Tammy heard about the possibility of going away with work it kinda sealed the deal and we had to give it a miss. It left our team (Paws 4 Fun) in the lurch a little by withdrawing 5 racing dogs but unfortunately it couldn't be helped.

Good luck to everyone going though :)