Kennel Suggestions Brisbane West

Sera Bishop

Hi Everyone,

We have 2 Golden Retrievers (2 1/2 & 8 months) and are about to go on our first big trip since having them (for 3 weeks)

I am needing some assistance with finding them a kennel that I feel is safe and not just a big fenced concrete slab as I feel like

that is jailing them! I want them to be able to run about and have fun together and not be caged up.

To be honest I am a sook when it comes to leaving my dogs and I am really stressed at trying to find somewhere.

We normally leave them with the breeder but he has been unwell and cannot care for them this time so i am hoping

someone here can assist me.

We leave mid-May so I know time is ticking, any advice or suggestions are appreciated.

Many thanks

Sera

I have seen a lot of people of here recommend the White Rose at Walloon which is, granted, West Ipswich rather than West Brisbane but not that far! More North West - there is Samford Pet Resort? some name like that which I've seen mentioned here a fair bit.

Samford Pet Resort http://www.samfordpetresort.com.au/

Haven't been there but know someone who works there x2 days a week, she just loves it to bits, and the staff are great. :(

Samford Pet Resort is the only place I'd send our tibbies. For the reason that the OP mentioned, too. I want our dogs to be in accommodation that is most like home, not concrete pens & wire. Samford Pet Resort has a level of accommodation you can choose, where the dogs are in rooms that look just like bedroom/sitting rooms at home. It costs a bit more than the usual kennel-type accommodation. But is worth every cent.

Our shelties used to go there, years back, when Samford Pet Resort had just started. Wonderful owners, Karen & Garth, were great with the animals. Our shelties used to walk away with them to their accommodation, tails wagging. The resort is now run by their son, who is equally as good with the animals. As is the staff.

They have pick-up places from various vet clinics around Brisbane, for owners who prefer not to drive out to Samford. Very convenient.