Problem With My Dog's Face/mouth

LDH

Can anyone shed any light on what the issue might be. Last night and this morning my 12 year old BC seems to be having issues with one side of her face/mouth in particular. Eating and drinking is a very slow process and it seems to cause her some difficulties (although she is taking in both food and water). She is also salivating excessively, particularly when trying to eat and drink, and some of the water seems to spill back out as though she is having trouble swallowing it all. She seems a bit quieter than usual but other than that, she is not showing other signs of being unwell, no vomiting, no difficulty breathing etc. The affected side of her face also seems slightly swollen. I’ll be taking her to the vet tonight or in the morning if she’s no better, but would appreciate any advice in the meantime. Thank-you.

Thank-you for the advice. I’ll be taking her tonight as soon as I get home from work. I should have been clearer – it’s only noticeable when she is eating or drinking so my first thought was issues with her teeth. This morning she took a bone quite happily from me though before I left for work and commenced chewing away. I will be getting her checked out asap. Thanks so much again.