Ideal Dog Trailer

Bisart Dobes

Thats great - there is a company in the UK who make a similar trailer but they have living quarters in the front. They make them out of fibreglass & aliminium - much lighter. That would be the go - they also have interchangable dog pens / storage area, it can all be moved around & clips into place. Very interesting designs.

Do you have the name or website for this company?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I'd like in a trailer:

* galvanised chassis and draw bar

* long draw bar

* double axles

* minimum 1.6m wide internally (so 3 x 3 gazebos fit in sideways)

* false floor for storage with optional pull out drawers. I don't care if a trailer doesn't have drainage provided you can hose it out.

* solid rear wall and behind that rear opening doors with room for trolleys (so they are inside and dry) That would require spares fitted low or elsewhere

* custom pinstriping and decals

* optional pull out BBQ/Stove and gas bottle. Maybe do this up the front.

* tall enough to have a roll out awning

I think people are prepared to pay a decent price for a trailer that meets all their needs.

Edited by poodlefan

Thats great - there is a company in the UK who make a similar trailer but they have living quarters in the front. They make them out of fibreglass & aliminium - much lighter. That would be the go - they also have interchangable dog pens / storage area, it can all be moved around & clips into place. Very interesting designs.

Do you have the name or website for this company?

Nope - just stumbled across it one day - will try and find it in our history log & will post it if I find it.

• 3 months later...

How is the planning of the trailer building coming along?

I have to admit, I like Rebanne's idea of a wardrobe that runs the length of the trailer... I have only been joking recently - especially last weekend at Albury in the rain - that I would like a trailer that has barn type doors that open at the back (like a little ranger) and a ramp... that way I could fill my show trolley up with stuff and roll it up the ramp into the trailer and ;) ready for next show :thumbsup:

Our existing trailer is on old Kewish.... great trailer, really well made and huge, we can fit two Labs in each bay because it was originally built for Mastiff people....but it has a little dicky wardrobe in the middle... great for bedding etc but hard to get the gazebo in and out...

So bring on Rebanne's wardrobe idea....