Puppy Suddenly Scared Of The Moon?

kyliegirl

Just wanting some advice here, has anyone ever had a situation where their puppy or dog is a fraid of the moon? Echo appears to be entering his next fear period and this morning it was quite obvious he was acting scared and terrified and staring up at the moon. He is 6 months now so I think he is entering his next fear period, but how do I convince Echo its nothing scary when I cant actually take him up to it to show him.. ATM I am ignoring the behaviour and acting like nothing is a big deal but is there another way I can convince him that the moon isnt trying to kill him?

No idea to be honest.... but maybe try and distract him with some training outside? Or games so that he gets used to it being around while good things are happening?

I dont know if thats the right thing to do, but it would be what i would try first off.

I may be totally off track, could he think the moon is a hot air balloon?

One of my Staffies is terrified of Hot Air Balloons ever since one nearly crash landed on our house. Now, apart from not going outside in the mornings, she occasionally thinks the moon is a hot air balloon.

Such a pity your in Brisbane and so far away from me, I'd love to meet Echo after everything I've heard, he seems like quite an interesting character (and well of course he's a dobe :rofl:)

Anyway, that is strange, but if it makes you feel any better, my dog went through the exact same thing but with tree stumps. One day he was fine with them, the next day, he almost ran onto the road (dragging me with him) to try and escape from one. Well I just used to stand near the offending stump with the dog and wait till he calmed down and stopped being fixated on it. I just pretended I had something to do at that spot (check my phone or whatever) and paid no attention to him or the stump. Finally he got over it a bit (though this took several sessions) and enough for us to walk right up to it. I gave it a kick and he went up and sniffed it (looking extra sheepy) and now well he just views them as a highly desirable pee spot.

I wouldn't worry, my dog isn't scared of anything now, and in fact he runs up in front of me to protect me when he does worry about something (instead of cowering behind like he used to...)

• 3 months later...