Female Puppy Humping/discharge?

all4addy

Maybe I am somehow not looking properly, and she was a male the entire time? LOL. I keep checking...but no, looks female to me.

When we were on our way out yesterday, she started "humping" my leg, really going for it. At the time, I was "nudging" her out the way of the gate. I.e. gently pushing her backwards and holding her there with my foot, as she tends to try to dart through doors at the last moment and has almost had her skinny neck squished a couple of times, she gets commands at the same time, and if she does it, lots of positive reinforcement. Multi-tasking thats me, anyway, when I moved her back from the gate this time with my foot, she just wrapped her legs round it and started humping. Actually took me till I was in the car to actually realise....umm, did my female just hump me? :rofl: I flipped her over, as if to confirm that yes indeed she is a female, when I noticed this small amount of what looks like yellow/fluro green discharge sitting at the outer bit of her "ahem" sort of like sick kid mucous.

So....can someone explain to me 1. Why my female dog humped me (shes 9 1/2 weeks, so I would think heat is out, does that only leave dominance, that she was annoyed at the upper hand of the shoe keeping her from being beheaded and wanted her power back? :) ) and what the discharge is? (vaginitis is the only thing I can think of but I thought that looked different?)

I haven't noticed any discharge today, nor humping, just the one time for both things, she also had a bath today with Malesab, as she had a flea infection from her previous place, and her skin also had some kind of dermatitis. We waited till the flea stuff had done its job, so now shes had a lovely bath and is nice and clean, so will continue to monitor for any discharge, but thought I would add this incase its connected with something to do with the dermatitis/dandruff/itching.

Edited by all4addy