Arty Farty Request For The Hobby Sewers.

~Shepherd~

Hi would love to purchase a hand made original fabric rescue centre / pound to for my oldest girls birthday in August.

something like this design.

post-16409-1303858249_thumb.jpg

Insiside I would like:

- 4 little crates an operating table that folds out from a wall

-4 fluffy dogs

-4 people

-1 toy box including 2 leads balls dog bowls -

-1 medical box containing bandages etc.

-1 little table as an adoptions and foster care counter.

I dont know how realistic this would be, but having something like this hand made would be something we could keep for ever and pass it down through the girls.

I dont know how much something like this would be to purchase with materials and time etc so if any gurus could put me in the right direction that would be great. Something portable to take on trips and neatly put away is the other thing as you can imagine its hard not to loose parts with 3 little girls 5 and under. I will spend the money on something that will last, it will be worth it. I am looking at a width of around 50cm.

Thanks, hope someone can help me out.

The basic fold out house should be straightforward and velcro strips/dots would help a lot in fastening the movable dolls etc.

The hard part, I imagine would be sourcing appropriate sized bowls, leashes etc. Or could you just buy some polly pocket sort of stuff and add that in yourself????

Maybe if you collected all the accessories yourself and then just got a crafty person to do the fold out house and glue on the velcro bits?

Just a suggestion...

The basic fold out house should be straightforward and velcro strips/dots would help a lot in fastening the movable dolls etc.

The hard part, I imagine would be sourcing appropriate sized bowls, leashes etc. Or could you just buy some polly pocket sort of stuff and add that in yourself????

Maybe if you collected all the accessories yourself and then just got a crafty person to do the fold out house and glue on the velcro bits?

Just a suggestion...

I could source the small bits myself, its just the house and the people, possibly the crates and acessory boxesI I would like hand made. I cant sew, but can decorate. Do you sew RP :laugh:

I will pay for all the materials up front and deposit the labor?

That's a great idea!! I hope a sewer comes along for you!! maybe whoever was in the forum marketplace sewing the different breeds of dog... Will go have a look for name...

ETA Couldn't find doggy sewer but Itsmeg, Reverend Jo and Amstaffs4me are all doing sewing things in there!!

Edited by FlyingFurball

That's a great idea!! I hope a sewer comes along for you!! maybe whoever was in the forum marketplace sewing the different breeds of dog... Will go have a look for name...

ETA Couldn't find doggy sewer but Itsmeg, Reverend Jo and Amstaffs4me are all doing sewing things in there!!

oooh, cool. I didnt even look in there!