Showing For The First Time

Sutton

are there any upcoming shows that i can come along to? As i missed the last on because of horse events.

Also how old do they have to be to start the handler classes? and its 12 weeks before obedience classes aswell isnt it?

Would it be worthwhile doing a puppy pre school course?

Sorry about all the questions,its been a while since ive had a pup!

Trying to be prepared as theres only 3 weeks to go.

Ive found out that obedience classes run every wednesday night at adelaide plains obed club, but havent found out what age they have to be yet.

And at 8 weeks he will be vaccinated,how many does he need after? Is it one more at 12 weeks and then annually?

And worming is it every week until 12 weeks also?

Im sure it will say it all in the puppy pack but just to be prepared!

Thanks

Yep, there's a show every weekend at the moment. This weekend it's Metro KC, and I think the show is at SACA (not sure, we're having a weekend off). Next weekend it's Collie Club at SACA, then Southern Districts in Morphett Vale, then Colomeke at SACA and then that takes us to the long weekend, which has specialties Saturday and Sunday at SACA and an all-breeds on the Monday at SACA. Hopefully that helps you a bit!

Handler classes they have to be fully vaccinated - so generally they have their second shot at 12 weeks and they can start handler classes a week after that. Most obedience schools will be the same, we started Halo at 14 weeks which was two weeks after her second vax. I see you're in Lewiston, there's a couple of good clubs around you - Gawler is pretty good, have heard good things about Munno Para and we go to Para Districts in Salisbury who are fantastic. Only thing with Para is that obedience is Sunday mornings, which is fine for us because we only show Saturdays but others it won't be. Gawler do Friday evenings and Munno I'm not sure about but I think it's Monday evenings.

Vaccination schedule depends on the vet, our vet does two (8 weeks and 12 weeks), our old vet did three (8 weeks, 12 weeks, 16 weeks). Worming we did every two weeks until 12 weeks, then monthly until 5 months and now every three months.

Thanks for that!

Are all these shows listed on the dogs sa website or do you find out once youve registered?

I only have a horse comp this sunday so im free every other day now lol

Thats alright with the handler classes,give me a bit of time to settle him in before we have to go.

Yes at lewiston,i didnt know there was an obed class at gawler or munno para lol But the one im hoping to go to is at two wells which is closest for us anyway,dont know much about it yet though.

I went to the northern districts one for a few years but they dont do it there anymore,which is a shame because it was good. Hopefully my new pup will win some ribbons and wont be the naughtiest in class lol

Once i get my pup i register him with saca and were ready to show after that am i right?