Crate For The Car

Red Fox

I'm after a strong, good quality wire crate for the back of the wagon.

Space wise I can go up to 44" long (so 42" is ideal) but am restricted to 30" in height which is making it difficult. A standard 36" crate would fit but is too small for my dog.

It must have a side door and would need to be easy enough to collapse whilst inside the back of the car. (Without the swearing and pinching of fingers!)

I'm considering another c-crate either an AP6 or custom made size (if they do that??). The quality is there, steel tray over plastic and they are super smooth to set up and collapse so has everything I want. But they aren't cheap either!

So wondering if anyone can recommend an alternative?

Thanks ;)

I had a "gate" put in the back of my hatch back - it was custom made from a security screen. If needed you could then put a cargo barrier between the driver and the back. I had the same problem of the largest crate that could fit in my little car just wasn't big enough for my dogs.

I have a custom made crate for my wagon. It fits the wagon well, I can take it out to use it as a regular crate if I like, and it comes apart into panels & collapses too. It wasn't cheap, though. :eek:

I have a custom made crate for my wagon. It fits the wagon well, I can take it out to use it as a regular crate if I like, and it comes apart into panels & collapses too. It wasn't cheap, though. :D

Out of curiosity, where did you buy it from and approx how much? PM me if you like ;)