Feeding Issues

Well we have better improvement. It seems the cheap SuperCoat Sensative is agreeing with my Koda (touch wood).

Lab Rat, the more you read the more interesting the whole issue of food is. No not just GSD's suffer with this, apparently they are known for such as EPI but all kinds of breeds get these stomach issues and you only have to look at the special formulas out there catering for all sorts of conditions makes you wonder what is going on with our pooches these day. Our child hood dog didn't have commercial dog food at all, just scraps from the table and lots of raw off cuts etc and live to 15 which is a good age for a large dog. I believe just like us humans, the less processed stuff the better and dogs can't cook but we insist on cooking for them.

Once Koda is stable I will slowly introduce raw back into her diet. This week she has been fine on minced chicken frame and Human grade gourmet kangaroo mince from coles (it's only $6-7 a kilo at the moment) I've bought some sardines from the market to try her on as well to get some good oils for her. She will always have some kibble in her diet but hopefully it will tip towards the fresh/raw in the long term. As they say, it seems the best kibble is the one that works for each dog and I will be trying to find a balance that suits Koda. Good luck with yours and keep reading and asking people and you might find something that works better too.

:)

:) It certainly is a neverending journey B4K!!! I do feel bad for my girl, she lives entirely on lamb based food.....any other meats and she reacts - either with diarrhoea or extreme itchiness of ears and inside her top lips (which she scratches to bits with her dewclaws!!). She seems to tolerate fish quite well at the moment. The Kelpie can eat anything and everything, with no effect - but I have to be so vigilant with what Zola consumes. She also wont eat bones, so I fear her teeth will be the next problem :(

I look forward to the time when all dogs I have at one time have NO food issues :laugh:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best4koda,I have had Vizslas for 14 years now and I reckon its taken me almost this long to get things right,well what suits them best anyway.

Believe me if I could get the same results feeding a supermarket food ,I would! LOL.

But look at Dr Krugers online and see what you think,it was the thing that just made them that much better!

http://www.drkruger.com/cat-and-dog-food-nutritional-supplements.htm

I get these in NZ but surely someone in Australia imports them? If not you can buy them from NZ and Sy will send them to you.

http://www.lapdog.co.nz/products.php?cat=5

Tomas, sounds like your guys are living pretty good and doing very well indeed. :)

Believe me if I could get the same results feeding a supermarket food ,I would! LOL.

If only it could be that simple, it's been a learning curve, trial and error, and lots of reading and comparing. So far we seem to have improvement with this kibble (if so simply luck) but it's very early days as her past has taught me. I will check out your link, I generally check everything that people put up.

Lab Rat, I hope you find some relief for your one too. :(