Runny Poo

Alfie02

Hi all,

Just after some DOL wisdom.

Here is the situation:

11 week old puppy had had runny poos/diareah (sp?) since Monday night. Was thinking it was due to too many treats at puppy preschool. He is still playful and is eating all his dinner, so he is a normal puppy except for the runny poo. Rang the vets and they said to just feed him chicken and rice over the weekend and see how he goes and if no improvement bring him in on Monday.

Does anyone know of anything he can have that might help to settle his stomach?

Thanks!

I find chicken and pumpkin works faster the chicken and rice ...

I normally take a breast of chicken and slice it up, dice up some pumpkin and cook them both together with just a touch of salt reduced chicken stock and some water ... once cooked just mash up the pumpkin & shred the chicken a bit and serve when cooled sufficiently.

I also sprinkle an Inner Health Plus capsule over the meal ... I use them so there is usually always some in the fridge.

Edited by Tilly

Thank you for your suggestions, hopefully his tummy will start to feel better soon with the bland foods :)

ETA:

do you think maybe some natural yoghurt would be good or some metamucil for fibre to firm the poos up? Or just stick to the bland foods?

Edited by Alfie02