Flea Question

I found a couple of fleas on Noah this morning, there not due to be fleaed till next week so was wondering if its ok to flea him and the other two now? Should I also flea rinse him?

I found a couple of fleas on Noah this morning, there not due to be fleaed till next week so was wondering if its ok to flea him and the other two now? Should I also flea rinse him?

What flea treatment do you use? We were used to use Sentinal however the vet told us that it will not kill adult fleas, instead it just kills the eggs to stop the breeding cycle. So we bought something called Capsal (I am probably remembering that name wrong) and basically if we found an adult flea on our little guy we'd give him the tablet it'd kill any fleas on him within 24 hours.

We've since changed to advantix as it kills the adult fleas as well as stopping the breeding cycle.

It depends on what flea control you are using. Products such as frontline and advantix can be used fortnightly so it would be safe.

As suggested by deltiod you could use a capstar(close) tablet. They only last 48 hours but kill all adult fleas and are not very expensive.

My vet told me that you need to be careful what shampoo you use and how often you use it as it can strip your dogs coat and wash away some of the spot on flea controls losing effectiveness.

Edited by skyesblue