German Shepard Male Wanted

memphis09

hi i have a friend looking to get a male gsd pup around late july through to august.shes only wanting him to be a cherised family pet so is happy to have him on limited registration,must have all health testing done(i told her was unsure what had to be tested in gsd) she is happy to freight from out of state .if anyone can point me in the right direction and also tell me what diseases etc that they have to be tested for that would be great.only going to a fantastic home their old dog recently passed after 16yrs so are a dog experienced family

Tell your friend to have a look at the German Shepherd Dog League website - www.gsdl.info and the National Council website - http://www.gsdcouncilaustralia.org/

Plenty of registered breeders advertise their litters on DOL - I dont think that you would have any trouble sourcing a puppy ready for a new home in July or August - they would probably already be advertised.

The main health testing is for Hips and Elbows (you want parents that hold the A and Z stamps for Hips and Elbows) and also Breed Survey, while not a health test per se, it is the main breed improvement scheme and tests temperament as well as looking at the conformation of the dog.

Tell your friend to have a look at the German Shepherd Dog League website - www.gsdl.info and the National Council website - http://www.gsdcouncilaustralia.org/

Plenty of registered breeders advertise their litters on DOL - I dont think that you would have any trouble sourcing a puppy ready for a new home in July or August - they would probably already be advertised.

The main health testing is for Hips and Elbows (you want parents that hold the A and Z stamps for Hips and Elbows) and also Breed Survey, while not a health test per se, it is the main breed improvement scheme and tests temperament as well as looking at the conformation of the dog.

thanks have had a couple of pms they are def wanting a pup to bring up.will get in touch with the people who have pmd me