Royal Canin Supply Problems

Having a lot of trouble getting hold of Royal Canin Giant Adult at the moment, we like it because the kibble size means he actually has to chew on it rather than hoover it, and he was doing well on it. Anyone got any suggestions for a similar kibble - we tried Hills, he doesn't like it. Tho' the Saluki pup had fun digging it out from under the couch where he had kicked it. :laugh:

Also, does anyone have any inside goss on when the supply problems will be resoved. Mostly just getting "Royal Canin, who knows!?" when I ask, tho' the lady I spoke to yesterday said it was something to do with changing the formula to avoid irradiation on import?

Edited to fix extra "and"

Edited by SkySoaringMagpie

I had to search every pet barn and city farmers in se Qld 2 weeks ago to get a bag of rc giant adult. Finally found one and put 2 bags of it on order with my local city farmers. They got them in last week and said supply issues are over now. Maybe try city farmers near you or online I found some companies stock it, so you may have some luck there.

Renal and Intestinal have both been pulled for ~12 months to re-formulate for import. I don't know if this is the same for giant as it's a pet shop line, but one would have to assume?

You can go to Veterinary large breed junior/adult/senior. These are all in stock at the moment AFAIK.