Advice Needed For This Weekend's Bungendore Show

scolly

This will be my first show down south in winter.I'm concerned about the cold and frost on grass.Normally in Sydney I wear a jacket and skirt with a flat shoe.is it wiser to wear warm practical clothes and a boot rather than a suit and shoe.Any advice is greatly appreciated.I don't want to freeze.

This will be my first show down south in winter.I'm concerned about the cold and frost on grass.Normally in Sydney I wear a jacket and skirt with a flat shoe.is it wiser to wear warm practical clothes and a boot rather than a suit and shoe.Any advice is greatly appreciated.I don't want to freeze.

This is one of our local shows. Do you have any trouser suits? Considering the forecast is for a top temp of 9, I think you'd be wise to wear thermals under a trouser suit. Or if you have some nice warm stylish clothes that works too - a lot of people here wear cute brightly coloured short coats, swing coats or trench coats with trousers or even (eep!) jeans.

Usually they wait for frost to burn off the grass, but sometimes it can still be dicey. Most important thing about footwear is grip. You can change into a pair of warm boots while waiting around.

If you really want to go all out, a butane camp heater and a butane stove for making hot tea is what you want! I hope the coffee lady will be there. :coffee:

I will be wearing my woolen skirt suit as usual but I also wear really thick leggings underneath. And when I'm not int he ring I wear trackpants and really thick jackets.

Gumboots for walking around in are a life saver, the ground will be very damp and good non slip shoes in the ring are very important.

It will be very cold and windy, it always is in Bungendore.

Sat -

BIS - Australian Shepherd "Grand Champion Dykinta Hot Property ET"

RUBIS - English Springer Spaniel "Nz Ch Fraelighte Black To Front"

Sun -

BIS - Akita "Aust Gr Ch Darqhorse Velvet Underground"

RUBIS - Pomeranian

This is one of our local shows. Do you have any trouser suits? Considering the forecast is for a top temp of 9, I think you'd be wise to wear thermals under a trouser suit. Or if you have some nice warm stylish clothes that works too - a lot of people here wear cute brightly coloured short coats, swing coats or trench coats with trousers or even (eep!) jeans.

Usually they wait for frost to burn off the grass, but sometimes it can still be dicey. Most important thing about footwear is grip. You can change into a pair of warm boots while waiting around.

If you really want to go all out, a butane camp heater and a butane stove for making hot tea is what you want! I hope the coffee lady will be there. :coffee:

I ended up in jeans with thermals underneath- they were thicker than my show clothes which ultimately won out!! I did take off my snow jacket though lol.

I could not believe how windy it was!!