Earthdog Anyone?

Hi

Anyone do earthdog. we have a 5 month jack pup hubby just built 2 tunnels for her first go raced through it we even added the right angle extension on. I love it addicted before even starting i think. i love seeing dogs do whats natural for them.

I tried to get into earthdog a while back, and emailed a few people about where to find classes or fun days or anything at all to do with it. And never heard back, and I didn't find anything when googling it. Seems it's not all that popular, or if it is, they don't want do be found.

It's cool though, I'd love to get into it.

I tried to get into earthdog a while back, and emailed a few people about where to find classes or fun days or anything at all to do with it. And never heard back, and I didn't find anything when googling it. Seems it's not all that popular, or if it is, they don't want do be found.

The one in NSW is run by the jack russell club apparently the dachshund club also runs some training days. We have our first training day in August we just watched a few you tube videos and learning from them probably totally wrong but shes running through and having fun.

The one in NSW is run by the jack russell club apparently the dachshund club also runs some training days. We have our first training day in August we just watched a few you tube videos and learning from them probably totally wrong but shes running through and having fun.

I do earthdog! The Dogs NSW Sporting Committee has two tests set down for tomorrow, 17th July, at the dens, near the JRT clubhouse at Erskine Park, NSW. Start is at 9.00am. If you can come, you would be able to see how your pup enjoys the wooden liners which we use in the trenches for the tests. We always have one or two out for newcomers.

At present earthdog is done by 2 affiliate clubs, the Dachshund Club of NSW and the JRT Club of NSW, and the Dogs NSW Sporting Committee. There's no "Earthdog Club" or anything like that. This year there are 4-5 test days set down (we only run during the winter months) with 2 tests each time. We have had two training days already, but there are no plans for further training days this year. The JRT Club's tests are on Sunday 14th August, then the Dachshund Club's tests are on the 18th September, then that's it for the season. There's not a big following for the sport, but it's really fun to see your dogs enjoying what they were bred to do!

I can help if you need to know anything else. The ANKC Rules & Regs are on their website at http://www.ankc.org.au/Regulations-1.aspx - go down to #11.

Sporting Terrier club does it. Phone the secretary.

I wish we had it in WA :(

Amypie, you're about the third or fourth person from WA who has said that to me over the past year or so.....perhaps if you guys all got together you could start it up and have some fun!