How Far Do You Take Your Dogs Birthday?

Guest english.ivy

My two Siberians are brother and sister which makes it easy to remember their birthday. They send out invitations to their mates a couple of week ahead. Then on the day I will make peanut butter and honey "crackles", pup cakes, bread with cream cheese, liver cake with cream cheese and bacon for filling and cream cheese and bacon sprinkled on top, various cookies. We play games like egg and spoon races through a small agility course with the dogs owner holding the egg and spoon. hide and seek where i will hide a hard boiled egg and the dogs have to find them. they totally enjoy themselves with the smiles on their faces make it all worth it.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Riley gets a icecream cake - well a slice of it, and a new toy.

I just got all excited as I ordered some new dog toys in and got a dog toy birthday cake that plays the happy birthday tune :laugh: Riley's going to get one of those for sure for his next birthday.

The birthday cake toys are great, I bought 8 of them recently for my Jasper's 1st birthday & the rest of his brothers & sisters from my 1st litter. They love them, but I had to eventually take it of Jasper for a while as I got sick of hearing the "happy birthday" tune. :laugh:

Nothing special at all, really.

DSC_0039_.jpg

33572_451436403035_585378035_5616435_7148245_n.jpg

P1020999_.jpg

Rubystar- I just KNEW you would do something like that.Even though I don't know you personally you did get one of your labs from where I got my Sasha. I LOVE the pics. Party hats and cake hahaha. I have made up Sasha's birthday. I count it from when I rescued her, so still in October but this thread is giving me lots of ideas tehehehehe

I just got all excited as I ordered some new dog toys in and got a dog toy birthday cake that plays the happy birthday tune :laugh: Riley's going to get one of those for sure for his next birthday.

The birthday cake toys are great, I bought 8 of them recently for my Jasper's 1st birthday & the rest of his brothers & sisters from my 1st litter. They love them, but I had to eventually take it of Jasper for a while as I got sick of hearing the "happy birthday" tune. :laugh:

Ohhh where do you get the birthday cake toys from?

Naww thanks to those who posted lovely comments on my girls :)

How beautiful ....... And my dream to have the three colours .... Gorgeous dogs RubyStar ...... What are their names & ages ?

Mason is the black one, he belongs to Mason2009. Millie is the chocolate one, she is my rescue girl who we think is almost 5, and Ruby is my baby girl yellow one, who is 4.5 years old :) As much as I'd love the full colour set myself, yellows steal my heart so I'll be getting another yellow at some stage.

Wow they are all just stunning by the way. The 3 colours do look beautiful too. I just love the pics. They look so happy :-). I was thinking of maybe one day getting a chocolate one as a playmate for Sasha. They have a few chocolate ones at lab rescue at the moment but it has to be the right time. In the meantime I should have totally taken a pic of Sasha's chocolate lab friend and Honey ( her yellow lab friend). Next time they are all together I will do it and post it for you to see heheee.

Yes I can see how it would become annoying. Maybe it will be one of those toys that comes out for a week a year :laugh:

Rubystar- I just KNEW you would do something like that.Even though I don't know you personally you did get one of your labs from where I got my Sasha. I LOVE the pics. Party hats and cake hahaha. I have made up Sasha's birthday. I count it from when I rescued her, so still in October but this thread is giving me lots of ideas tehehehehe

I count Millie's birthday as the day in October I got her as well :D

Yes I can see how it would become annoying. Maybe it will be one of those toys that comes out for a week a year :laugh:

Yep I've now packed Jasper's away till his next birthday as I didn't want him to wreck it.

Some of my puppy owners have also told me they have done the same. :)

Here is Bella...one of my babies from my first litter with her birthday cake toy. :D

229805_1581370548775_1671034767_1034822_7754387_n12.jpg

Here is Rex another one of my Aussie babies with his. :)

253803_207897929249146_100000868223732_501025_2549974_n1.jpg

Yep, thats the same one. I've got a stash of them here to list on the website.

OH thinks they won't sell because Im probably the only one that thought it was a good idea :laugh: Glad I'm not :D

Edited by wagsalot

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE IVY

I'm sure you are spoiled rotten most of the time but I'm sure you are extra specially spoiled today. Hug's and Kissess. :heart:

Here's a trip down memory lane of Ivy's first weeks of life before jetsetting off to her new forever home. :)

Ivy at 2 days old

post-3679-0-19416500-1310538303_thumb.jpg

At 1 week

post-3679-0-22504100-1310538371_thumb.jpg

At 2 weeks

post-3679-0-32205700-1310538445_thumb.jpg

At 3 weeks and already voicing her opinions :laugh:

post-3679-0-86187400-1310538513_thumb.jpg

At 4 weeks

post-3679-0-14171400-1310538552_thumb.jpg

At 6 weeks

post-3679-0-23636900-1310538610_thumb.jpg

At 7 weeks

post-3679-0-09147800-1310538654_thumb.jpg

At 9 weeks

post-3679-0-15829000-1310538711_thumb.jpg

:-) when did you get her?? I got Sasha on October 14. 2 days before my b'day :-)

Guest english.ivy

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE IVY

I'm sure you are spoiled rotten most of the time but I'm sure you are extra specially spoiled today. Hug's and Kissess. :heart:

At 3 weeks and already voicing her opinions :laugh:

post-3679-0-86187400-1310538513_thumb.jpg

Thanks Maria :) Love this photo of her and it is Ivy to a T.

off to hug my birthday girl

:-) when did you get her?? I got Sasha on October 14. 2 days before my b'day :-)

October 21 in 2009. We think she was born in 2006.

Guest english.ivy

Awww nobody thinks Ivy is the most adorable puppy :cry: and now a stunning three year old.

Awww nobody thinks Ivy is the most adorable puppy :cry: and now a stunning three year old.

I do, I do. She is absolutely gorgeous, love the photos showing the progression over the weeks, from weeks 3 to 4 seem like a bit difference, like becoming a proper dog not just a little baby puppy...

I will be overseas skiing in NZ (it's a hard life) for my dog's first birthday. He will be at my mum's place so hopefully 'grandma' and his 'aunties' will do something, his birthday is my sisters too... We get back the day after his birthday so will probably give him a toy and try to take photos with a party hat then :)

Here are some photos of my boyfriend's brother's cat's first birthday

218016_208703322486952_100000418579861_701134_967908_n.jpg

217240_208703355820282_100000418579861_701136_7349212_n.jpg

Ivy was a cute pup! :) Love the one of her speaking her mind laugh.gif

That is one of my favourite puppy photos that I've ever taken and use it heaps. It's hilarious. :laugh:

I always weighed them and then took pictures of them afterwards. She was quite put out that I woke her to do this and voiced her opinions for all to hear. :laugh: