Thank You All For Your Help About Isabella

I just wanted to thank everyone.... you helped me understand why I didnt notice that my Isabella was in renal failure I has helped so much .Today is the first time I have looked at the posts since I posted (help understanding renal failure without obvious signs) I have been too upset to do much but I am feeling so much better that you all could understand and you have made me feel not so alone in my grief .Isabella was a Maltese and she was 11yrs old a week away from her 12th birthday which was July 5 I still miss her so much .I have my other dog but Isabells always had a special place in my heart

Just three days ago, my previously very healthy and robust 4yo Australian Shepherd was put to sleep because of renal failure. He'd been treated for a gastric infection about 2 months ago, and he'd been fine ever since. He woke up vomiting on Wednesday morning, my husband took him straight to the vet, he was operated on that afternoon and he didn't come home. Until the vomiting started, there'd been very little sign that he was ill, he certainly wasn't off his food, he was maybe a little quiet but I'd put that down to the cold weather as the other dogs were quieter too.

It's so, so hard to let them go, it was the worst thing I have ever had to do. I sympathise with you, I know exactly how you feel.

Just three days ago, my previously very healthy and robust 4yo Australian Shepherd was put to sleep because of renal failure. He'd been treated for a gastric infection about 2 months ago, and he'd been fine ever since. He woke up vomiting on Wednesday morning, my husband took him straight to the vet, he was operated on that afternoon and he didn't come home. Until the vomiting started, there'd been very little sign that he was ill, he certainly wasn't off his food, he was maybe a little quiet but I'd put that down to the cold weather as the other dogs were quieter too.

It's so, so hard to let them go, it was the worst thing I have ever had to do. I sympathise with you, I know exactly how you feel.

I am so sorry your loss GayleK. :cry:

I had exactly the same with one of my dogs. Even the vet couldn't explain what had caused it because he had been perfectly well and eating until the vomiting started. Two days later we lost him and I was devastated. He was ten years old. He was the first dog I had ever watched being put to sleep and I cried for weeks. I'm so sorry that you had to go through this too :(

I had similar with my cat, came down with a chest infection, 5 days later he was euthed. Until we had the bloods the vets thought he was off his food because of his chest

Kidney disease is such a quiet killer and so incidious.

Hugs to you and your family.