How Big Will Pup Grow

Hey, i was just wondering if there was any way to tell roughly how big a mix breed will get?

Did you get to see the parents? The puppy can be bigger or smaller than both parents, but is likely to be close to both their sizes. Also if you know what breeds they were (especially if they were both purebred), you can use that as a guide.

My dog had huge paws as a baby and he is now a big dog, bigger than his mother and around the same size as his father.

Yeah, your best guess is trying to determine the breeds that form the mix and looking at their estimated sizes. This is all you can really do if you didn't get to see the parents. And if you did, you may get a bigger dog than them anyway, depending on their parents. That's probably not that helpful, but .. I don't think anyone can really be any more helpful than that!

my partner bought him for me, so no i didnt get to see the parents. he was told that the mum was a bullmastiff x staffy and the father was a border collie x blue heeler. his paws seem quite big, but im not sure as to whether he'll be relatively small, but stocky or big. hes just under 6 months and weighs 12.5kg, the vet said he thinks he'll get to 20kgs within the next few weeks. so i'm a bit stuck on ideas.

my partner bought him for me, so no i didnt get to see the parents. he was told that the mum was a bullmastiff x staffy and the father was a border collie x blue heeler. his paws seem quite big, but im not sure as to whether he'll be relatively small, but stocky or big. hes just under 6 months and weighs 12.5kg, the vet said he thinks he'll get to 20kgs within the next few weeks. so i'm a bit stuck on ideas.

Being that 3 of the 4 breeds are medium size dogs - I would guess your dogs wont be any taller than border collie. I knew someone who had a dog staffy x border collie x rotty and her height is a alittle shorter than a border collie and weighs about 20kg.

To compare, my lab puppy, who I expect to weight close to 30kg when grown, was 14kg when she was 4 months old.

At just under 6 months and 12.5kg I wouldn't expect him to get much over 20kg - and certainly wouldn't want him to gain 7kg in "a few weeks"!!!

12.5kg is a big Stafford puppy at the same age, and by that I mean one that will get to about 20-22kg when fully grown, so to me that doesn't mean a particularly big dog. But different breeds (and crosses!) grow at different rates.

As for height - check his front growth plates (knees), if there's still a considerable "ridge" across the knee then there's still a fair bit of growing to be done in the legs.

yeah, i can see how that would work out. im hoping he doesnt get any bigger than a border collie size.

yeah, he was at the vet 2-3 weeks ago which was when he said about him weighing 20kg, and he got weighed 2 days ago and he was at 12.5, so i cant see him putting that much on so quickly.

thanks for all the help, i'll have to have a look at his knees.