Young Lab Bumps Us

MissMedusa

We have an 8 months old lab girl who bumps/nudges us with her nose while we are out walking and occasionally at home she runs up behind us and bumps our leg and then keeps going. I'm very curious to know if this means anything?

Jake our old Lab used to nudge us daily (which I now miss).

He did this when he wanted something eg a chip if I was eating a packet of chips :laugh: a door opened for him (he had a real thing about closed doors)

3 pm was his dinner time & he would start nudging at 2.30 on the dot :) And he would just come up nudge and force his head under my arm when he wanted a cuddle (even in the car) :) So cute

So my guess is your girl is trying to tell you something. Maybe she is trying to tell you she wants to go home or wants a drink when she nudges when walking her ;)

Labbys have soo much personality :)

We have an 8 months old lab girl who bumps/nudges us with her nose while we are out walking and occasionally at home she runs up behind us and bumps our leg and then keeps going. I'm very curious to know if this means anything?

Casper (our recently dearly departed 14 yo yellow lab) nudged his whole life....for some loving, food, attention or just because. He'd nudge legs, under arms, necks...no body part was safe :D I really miss the nudging :(

Casper (our recently dearly departed 14 yo yellow lab) nudged his whole life....for some loving, food, attention or just because. He'd nudge legs, under arms, necks...no body part was safe :D I really miss the nudging :(

Awww. He sounds like a darling. Rest in peace sweet Casper.

One of my labs nudges with her noses when she wants something - usually a pat!! She nudges our hand - she has never nudged our legs. Do you thing maybe she is playing? Maybe she is playing tag!!!

She could be playing as it is a bit like tag...it's not the sort of nudge that i would think she wants a pat as she usually does it on the run!

One of my labs nudges with her noses when she wants something - usually a pat!! She nudges our hand - she has never nudged our legs. Do you thing maybe she is playing? Maybe she is playing tag!!!

She could be playing as it is a bit like tag...it's not the sort of nudge that i would think she wants a pat as she usually does it on the run!

Sound like it is a game :D