Has Anyone Tried...

LBD

Hi everyone,

I've been told by my breeder to feed my guy either Royal Canin Maxi Junior or Advance Puppy Plus Growth so am looking for some good prices on these.

Has anyone tried www.pawsforlife.com.au before? Their prices look good but would like some feedback for giving my details over.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Edited by LBD

I'm running out of food, have contacted them with a few questions about delivery. Unless someone else speaks up, I'll give them a go tomorrow and report back.

Doesn't Pookinuk have a similar service?

Yep, have had a look although their prices seem too high. I can get RC Max Junior from my local Pet Barn for $124.95, Pookinuk sells it for the same then have to pay shipping. I was asking about the other one, umm paws four life, because they have it at $109.95 including shipping.

That's a big enough difference for me to give it a try I think...

Just had a quick look at Pookinuk and from what I can see, it looks like Pookinuk do not offer the "Auto delivery". I tend to always run out of food at inopportune times and this feature would be pretty handy I think.

Also Paws seems like better value (free delivery and better prices on my Royal Canin food). Overall, $20 cheaper from Paws For Life delivered

Let me know how the test goes - I am keen to try if it all works out.

Yep, have had a look although their prices seem too high. I can get RC Max Junior from my local Pet Barn for $124.95, Pookinuk sells it for the same then have to pay shipping. I was asking about the other one, umm paws four life, because they have it at $109.95 including shipping.

That's a big enough difference for me to give it a try I think...

Yeah well, pawsforlife has a very limited range though.

Just had a quick look at Pookinuk and from what I can see, it looks like Pookinuk do not offer the "Auto delivery". I tend to always run out of food at inopportune times and this feature would be pretty handy I think.

Also Paws seems like better value (free delivery and better prices on my Royal Canin food). Overall, $20 cheaper from Paws For Life delivered

Let me know how the test goes - I am keen to try if it all works out.

Ah I think they are launching it. Not that I'm interested in either service (dogs not on a commercial diet) :) If you're looking at RC then yes pawsforlife looks like a better option :)

The bag turned up this morning on my door step! I am in the western suburbs of sydney, so really shouldn't be a problem but I'm really happy with 2 day service.

I just wish they had all the worming and flea stuff I need - would make sense to all come in the same delivery every month...

I have just tried Pookinuk in the last week - although I find their prices quite high (but I needed Prescription Diet and the place I usually buy from didn't have it).

I ordered 2 bags, and received one bag for canine, one for feline. But they were quick to fix the issue and easy to deal with, arranged for feline bag to be picked up and the next day the other canine bag turned up at the door.

How do you determine how frequently you need the food supplied with Pawsforlife? And if you don't use as much in a certain time frame, can you delay or change the next shipment? I'm just thinking, they may have low pricing - but maybe this is where they make their money - by supplying regularly even if you may not need it?

I have just tried Pookinuk in the last week - although I find their prices quite high (but I needed Prescription Diet and the place I usually buy from didn't have it).

I ordered 2 bags, and received one bag for canine, one for feline. But they were quick to fix the issue and easy to deal with, arranged for feline bag to be picked up and the next day the other canine bag turned up at the door.

How do you determine how frequently you need the food supplied with Pawsforlife? And if you don't use as much in a certain time frame, can you delay or change the next shipment? I'm just thinking, they may have low pricing - but maybe this is where they make their money - by supplying regularly even if you may not need it?

I also had a problem with another supplier - not Pookinuk - and decided to change.

I was worried about the lock in thing also - I actually emailed the [email protected] emailed and asked them. I am going to have to change my order as my pup grows in to his food so it's definitely something I am going to do. They do state this:

ORDER MANAGEMENT

When can I change my order?

For any recurring delivery, you may change the period as often as you like. If you have ordered too much, send us an email and push back the order. If you need food more quickly, just drop us a line. We are happy to be as flexible as you want. And remember, you can cancel your order at any time!

I found this here = http://www.pawsforlife.com.au/shipping-policy

I dunno, if they did try to do that I'd just cancel my order I guess? They say you can return the bag within 30 days.

Hi Everyone,

A current customer let me know about this forum, it looks great! What a wealth of knowledge. I never knew there would be such an open exchange of information for new dog owners, I'll be sure to point new parents here.

I thought I would join up just so I could set the record straight:

1. Limited range?

We are working feverishly to put up our entire range of food. Please let us know if you would like a particular product, and we'll do our best to track it down for you.

2. How do you tell how much you need?

There are a few ways you can go about this:

a. Email us at [email protected] and we are happy to do the calculation based the manufacturers recommendation for you

b. Estimate what you currently use and then adjust as you go. We are more than happy to change your delivery schedule to suit your needs as you work out exactly how often you need the food.

c. We are currently working on a calculator to make all of this a lot easier

3. Can you cancel?

YES! You can cancel, defer, delay, add, subtract and anything else you would like to do - just drop us an email. We are definitely not trying to force food on to people to make money, we are trying to make it easier and more convenient to feed your dogs. We think long term, we want you to be our customer long term therefore treating our customers badly in the short term just doesn't make sense.

If anyone else has any questions, either post in this thread, message me or drop me an email at [email protected]

All the best,

Kim from Paws For Life

Edited by Paws For Life