Fleas!

Pheebs

Best treatment I have found is to spray the house and dust with diatomaceous earth and to just give the dogs a flea bath - it is the only method that has worked for me. The other flea treatments are very expensive by comparison, especially when they don't work and you have multiple dogs!

My tips for long term chemical free flea control are:

* Blocking off areas of the house/yard/garage where fleas survive and proliferate

* Keeping other favourite resting spots swept clean and dusted with a natural flea control product like Dr Goodpet’s Flea Control Outside (diatomaceous earth)

* Throw out any flea-infested bedding and invest in products that are easy to keep flea-free, e.g. Houndhouse Kennel

* Regular baths and a homemade lemon rinse to drown the fleas (the limonene in the lemon works as a flea repellent)

* Maintaining an all natural diet to keep your dog internally clean, healthy, and hence their blood less attractive to fleas

* Regularly vacuuming the house, including rugs, doormats and under the couches. Your vacuum is one of your best weapons when fighting fleas, as they stimulate fleas to hatch and you can suck them up with the vacuum, and they die from the turbulence.

For more info please read my latest Holistic Vet Blog titled 'Holistic Approach to Flea Control'

Kind regards

Dr Renee

Holistic Vet