Best Friends Pet Superstore

Baileys mum

We just recently got one of these stores in Melton ( built right across the rd from the Melton petstock :laugh: )

I went in it for the first time yesterday & it seems pretty good....It is a pet suppy store, Vet & grooming salon all in the one buiding. The man that served me also said they also do work shops in pet care like grooming ect...

He also gave me a 10% VIP card.

I wonder if they will take business away from Petstock. Our Petstock sells birds & small animals like rabbits...where this new store does not sell any animals at all.

Does anyone else have one of these stores near them? What do you think of it? & has anyone used their grooming & Vet services.

We just recently got one of these stores in Melton ( built right across the rd from the Melton petstock :laugh: )

I went in it for the first time yesterday & it seems pretty good....It is a pet suppy store, Vet & grooming salon all in the one buiding. The man that served me also said they also do work shops in pet care like grooming ect...

I wonder if they will take business away from Petstock. Our Petstock sells birds & small animals like rabbits...where this new store does not sell any animals at all.

Does anyone else have one of these stores near them? What do you think of it? & has anyone used their grooming & Vet services.

I have been to the Melton store as well. Not 100% sure about the freshness of their Ecopet but they have a great range of products.

Bobby was groomed a fortnight ago and Mr Tiddles is booked in on Friday. The grooming seems pretty good.

the other stores sell pets. I used to work in the vet clinic within one, the chain is owned by the Good Guys. The idea was all about animal care but that soon went downhill as far as I am concerned.

That's interesting Nekhbet, I wonder why Melton doesn't sell pets?...Do the other stores sell puppies & kittens or smaller pets? I hope this store doesn't start selling them or I will be going back to buying online for all my pet stuff.

I have been to the Melton store as well. Not 100% sure about the freshness of their Ecopet but they have a great range of products.

Bobby was groomed a fortnight ago and Mr Tiddles is booked in on Friday. The grooming seems pretty good.

:laugh: Might bump into you in there one day....I brought Bailey in there with me yesterday, so if you ever see a woman in there with an Aussie terrier it could be me.

I would love to see some pics of your Aussies all nicely groomed. :)

Edited by Baileys mum

I've occasionally been in the one in the Epping/Reservoir area when I desperately needed to get some cat litter or dry food and my usual supplier was closed. They do puppy pre-schools as well as grooming, but I haven't tried any of their services. I did enquire about cost for a bath, blow-dry and coat strip for a medium-sized dog blowing coat, but decided it wasn't worth it - I think they were charging about $70, from memory, and I figured it was better to invest in my own dryer and do it myself. They also had small animals and fish, which gave me a bit of a bad vibe.

I personally prefer Petstock or, even better, the independent supplier I go to if I can get there before closing time, who tend to be cheaper, friendlier, more helpful and have a shop cat which likes to say hello :)

Probaly sold out :( when i was in there on friday heard one off the staff telling someone that they couldnt keep up with demand but would be getting more in a few days that was guinea pigs there built in inclosures at the ends of the ailes for bird and rabbit etc stuff.

Probaly sold out :( when i was in there on friday heard one off the staff telling someone that they couldnt keep up with demand but would be getting more in a few days that was guinea pigs there built in inclosures at the ends of the ailes for bird and rabbit etc stuff.

Wow that's amazing...I can honestly say there was not one animal for sale or even a hint of an animal when I went in yesterday. The only animals in the store was my Bailey & another customer with their dog :laugh:

If that's the case then unfortunately I won't be shopping there again, which is a shame because they do have a good range there. :(

:laugh: Might bump into you in there one day....I brought Bailey in there with me yesterday, so if you ever see a woman in there with an Aussie terrier it could be me.

I would love to see some pics of your Aussies all nicely groomed. :)

I will be the guy with the two nicely groomed albeit plump boys. :)

The glass enclosures at the ends of the isles are for rabbits, guinea pigs, chickens and whatever they can cram in there.

Cats and dogs are not sold, some stores do pet 'adoption' for kittens etc.

I dont give that place a cent of my money. I can tell you money comes before the care of the animals in store and they will take animals from people that just walk in off the street. Plus they are hidously overpriced. My workplace now has most of the stuff they do, plus REAL animal care products and I'm nowhere near the price they are.

I have one, and will never set foot in store again, mostly because of the extremely poor service and lack of customer service skills from the staff, the one near me doesn't sell pets

The people that work in the Melton store where extreamly friendly & helpful....I don't know if this is because the store is still fairly new & there trying to keep new customers, or if the staff in Melton are just genuinely nice.

I prefer the Petstock near me, good service and they have people who know what they're talking about.

I've been into best friends a couple of times and walked out shaking my head at the service. It also sells birds, mice, rats and fish.

I have found that gradually the good staff leave/get pushed out and get replaced with cheap teenagers with little to no skills.

Your probably right...the guy that served me yesterday looked to be in his 40's & was very helpful & friendly. I wonder how long he will last there before being replaced by a teenager.

the other stores sell pets. I used to work in the vet clinic within one, the chain is owned by the Good Guys. The idea was all about animal care but that soon went downhill as far as I am concerned.

That's interesting Nekhbet, I wonder why Melton doesn't sell pets?...Do the other stores sell puppies & kittens or smaller pets? I hope this store doesn't start selling them or I will be going back to buying online for all my pet stuff.

It does. :confused: :confused:

I was there on the weekend and they sell birds and fish.

I popped in for the first time on the weekend. It didn't look bad, but I didn't find anything I would consider buying. Doubt I'll go back.

ETA: That'll teach me to read the whole thread before posting. I see the fact they sell animals has already been mentioned. :laugh:

If you look at their website, there is mention of referring people to shelters for dogs (not sure if it mentions cats) as they're against pups in pet shops. Something to that effect anyway.

ETA again: No cats sold either by the looks of it.

Edited by Sir WJ

It does. :confused: :confused:

I was there on the weekend and they sell birds and fish.

I popped in for the first time on the weekend. It didn't look bad, but I didn't find anything I would consider buying. Doubt I'll go back.

As I said in another post, I was there yesterday & there was not one animal for sale in the store, which is why I thought they didn't sell pets...another poster has said that she overheard the staff saying they had sold out on small pets & where ordering more, that are due in a couple of days.

After reading all the responses in this thread ..I'm afraid I probably won't be going back either.