Don't Lose Sight Of What You Have.

dogslife

Sincere condolences to you in your time of grief.

I know how you feel. Sally my :heart: dog got her wings 5 weeks ago after almost 17 awesome years. Never, never long enough, and although I am grieving for her terribly, I am so, so glad I was with her when the time came, and spent her last few hours on this Earth cuddling her.

"There are others, that much is true,

But they be they and they aren't you."

(Anon.)

I found this excerpt from a poem to be quite comforting after Sally went. I have 5 other dogs and it reminds me that although they are not her, they are still my dogs and deserving of all the care, love and attention I have always given them. There were a few black days there some weeks back, where I didn't want them near me. Thankfully, that faded quickly.

Hugz to you and your dogs tonight, while I go hug the remainder of my pack too.

Sonia :rainbowbridge:

Edited by Hafhafa Hounds

So, so sorry to read about your loss, please accept our sincere sympathy.

We lost our 15 week old old puppy just over 2 weeks ago and within 24 hours of his Parvo/KC vaccination. We're absolutely heartbroken as he was our baby (never had children) and was the world to us and we loved him dearly in the short time he was with us. There's still a lot of tears, we never ever thought we'd lose him after being immunised and he'd be here to grow older with us.