Rip Beautiful Eva Girl 05.12.10 To 20.08.11

Ltiger773

You were with us such a short time Eva girl but you sure made your mark on our little family and it will never be the same without you.

After taking up a position working overseas for 8 months on a fifo roster back to Australia, i decided it would be a good idea to get my partner a doggy companion for the 28 days i was at work. He wanted a german shepherd. Miss Eva was the result.

We drove 4hrs to get you miss Eva and you were so much smaller than i expected for a german shepherd puppy. You slept almost the whole 4hrs home on my knee. You refused to sleep on your bed in the laundry but as soon as you were put on our bed, fast asleep in seconds. You refused to eat and would only eat if handfed :o . You carried around your squeaky duck like it was the best thing going (and still had squeaky duck until the day you died). You were the laziest and most least destructive puppy i have ever had.

I still remember when we introduced you to my sisters dog, Chopper. Chopper had a bone sneakily buried in the garden and you got too close and he flew at you. Ive never heard a puppy scream and run as fast as you did that day.

The day you discovered that you were big enough to get on the couch and into our bed all on your own there was no turning back. You used to thump around the house like a 10tonne elephant with those big unco paws of yours and then the house would go really quiet and 9/10 times you were curled up in our bed (even though you were really not allowed). You would sleep happily in your own bed until we went to bed and then straight up on the couch. Anytime we walked back out into the lounge room, you would always give us this sheepish look and you ears would flop down as if to say dratts they saw me and hopefully they wont send me back to my bed. And everytime you needed to go outside, and the screen dog would shut on you, you used to grab the door gently with your teeth and open it yourself :thumbsup:

Everytime we went anywhere without you, you used to jump on the fence so you could watch us go down the street with those big bat ears poking over the fence, you looked so comical. Then i bought you squeaky monkey and you just couldnt figure out what was going on with his legs, they kept tripping you over and getting in the way of our fetch games, bad monkey!!

I'll never forget the day we tied you on the back of the ute for the first time. We thought you were going to freak out but as soon as we were moving you were way too busy looking around at what was going on. You really didnt handle those corners too well on those unco legs of yours and everytime a truck went past you ducked. And dips really just wern't your idea of fun.

Once we got out to the farm, you refused to let any other dogs near me for pats and got all protective. And i dont think either of our cats have climbed a tree the entire time we've had them but you sure reminded them that they were capable. You were determined to work out how water could possibly come out the end of a hose or sprinkler and tried for hours getting soaked in the process. And you always used to attack the water foutain in the fish pond. However you hating being bathed and made such a racket that i decided not to bother because i thought the neighbours would think i was murdering you from the horrible howling noises you made. I was so looking forward to taking you out to the dam but now i'll never get the chance.

We miss you everyday baby girl and we love you so much. Hope that you are happy in heaven with duck and monkey. One day we will meet again precious girl.

post-41601-0-69057000-1315330123_thumb.jpg

post-41601-0-78071700-1315330141_thumb.jpg

post-41601-0-20902000-1315330169_thumb.jpg

Oh I am so sorry. Eva sounded like a gorgeous girl and with great character.

It is so, so hard losing a dog when they're so young. And heartbreaking to know that they outlasted their squeaky toy (that happened with us).

Although it's hard, hold on to those treasured memories.

She's at the Rainbow Bridge, chasing cats up trees, worrying hoses and resting on couches.

:rainbowbridge: