Litter Due In November 2011

Bilbo Baggins

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah nothing here but she decided grass was the breakfast of choice with a dash of warmed milk, refused her bikkies, temp normal and she seems fine.

HAHA mine has baby brain she was scared of the hose last night when I took her out for a wee!

sorry to hear all 3 of us are still in one peice!

Hopefully well see some temps start to drop!

Duckys was 37.4 this morn, bit low but not overly so... she ate her breakfast, and is content just hanging around me, although she does do the puppy dog eye thing they usually do in the last few days.. where there eyes are large and they look so depressed.. Heck, id be depressed if my gut was jumping all over the place like hers does LOL.

Bella decided she would throw up on a blanket on the floor and then went to sleep in the chair.... such a charmer this morning lol

LOL i remember my piper doing that.. if she was sick on the chair, shed go on the floor, and give me a look that im sure said "well, you seen it, now clean it up while i relax"

ah.. gotta love the staffs lol...

The cats used to get her in trouble, she wasnt allowed on our bed nor on the lounge suite.. so the cats used to taunt her, then get her to chase them, on the bed, and tearing up the hallway and jumps up on the suite, of course shed be hell tail after them and leap up, only to get told off.. poor dog.. lol.. She was great at obedience too, when we went to classes, shed see if the teacher/judge was looking, then if not, shed be inching forward.....

always with a butter woudnt melt in my mouth look LOL

Srill nothing but Ive had a very productive day trying to do other things to take my mind off it... She even came outside to do some gardening with me but then it got too hot for both of us!

Awwhhh! Saw you'd posted so jumped right in. :laugh:

Oh well, she'll go when she's ready! Thanks for the update.

Srill nothing but Ive had a very productive day trying to do other things to take my mind off it... She even came outside to do some gardening with me but then it got too hot for both of us!

Lets hope she decides tonight is a good time :)

hows her temps going?

Any other progress? Has she lost her plug at all?

I think we had a bit the other day...

we have a very lazy duck... wont do much walking, she is just laying down looking all depressed... staring at me lol.. UNLESS i bring her food.. then shes all prancy and dancing and stuff .... sighs.....

Dont think there will be anything tonight... will even be lucky to get anything tomorrow. Her temps doing nothing now have only tested three times today morning lunch and dinner and each time 37.4 which is lower than what she was all last week but that means nothing :(

Starting to get abit depressed over the whole thing, I really thought they would be here by now! Think a proper sleep in my own bed is in order tonight, Ive been sleeping on a lounge next to her all week and at first it was just exciting cause babies might come and now its just annoying cause I can tell they arnt coming yet :laugh:

Maybe tonight?

think positive... the temps are great if you can use them as that, a guide, a good night sleep might be all you need. I tried to get a good nights sleep but the duck was pretty restless, thought something might be doing something, but no.. temp is normal *sighs* cant be too far from now.

A freind of mine had her dog whelp 5 days after her due date... Stuff that!

Well as predicted... nothing last night. Things arnt looking great for tonight either her temp is still the same. Im starting to worry about how long past today I leave her before getting the vet to rip those suckers out of there! :cry: due to the ammount of days she was bred over she was due anytime between the 16th and the 20th, and I didnt prog test, a mistake I wont be making again thats for sure, next time I want a more accurate date!

EDIT to add... Im not quite so worried now, I just looked up the dates she was mated again and if she took on the last one (the one I forgot about) she could not be due til as late as tuesday :o silly me not checking my dates right!

Edited by Nevafollo

IM starting to think all 3 of us will go at same time LOL.

Duckys due weds... but shes so big.. she gets much bigger she will pop.. averge litter size is only 2, i can feel more than that in there!

Get some rest for yourself, so when she (does eventually) go, youll be refreshed :)

IM starting to think all 3 of us will go at same time LOL.

Duckys due weds... but shes so big.. she gets much bigger she will pop.. averge litter size is only 2, i can feel more than that in there!

Get some rest for yourself, so when she (does eventually) go, youll be refreshed :)

I got a really good sleep last night in my own bed and actually I think she slept better not having me next to her worrying about her. This is all very much a learning curve for me being my first pointer litter. We bred one of our pugs last year but that was a terrible experience and is one of the reasons that these days Im focused on Pointers and not pugs :thumbsup:

EDIT to add, I also think that bad experience is what has lead me to stress so much over this litter, I love my girly and just dont want anything to go wrong, she is my heart dog :o

Edited by Nevafollo

Excellent!

I wish i could say I had words of wisdom or something to that effect, all I can say is rely on temps and what her body is doing, shell let you know when the time is near. If you look at the temps as only a guide or tool to help you estimate when you need to be up all night, it is very very handy.

Then once you have the temp drop, you know not to just duck out to shops for 10 mins...

and then you get to watch her like a hawk LOL.... just waiting for the panting and digging to start. But its much easier to know that her temp is normal, so wont be in the next 6 hours, so you can push it to the back of your mind.. As if! lol