Wayne Asplett - Channel Seven News

freundhund

I cannot find a link on Channel Seven's news tonight but there was a 'spokesperson' Wayne Asplett who is "an experienced dog catcher". This person claims that Dog attacks increase in Spring.

Again sensationalist reporting, no proper statistics, just this man's opinion. And an emotianal mother saying she still remembers this everyday!!!

Does anyone know who the spokesperson Wayne Asplett is and what his qualifications are to make his comments?

I cannot find a link on Channel Seven's news tonight but there was a 'spokesperson' Wayne Asplett who is "an experienced dog catcher". This person claims that Dog attacks increase in Spring.

Again sensationalist reporting, no proper statistics, just this man's opinion. And an emotianal mother saying she still remembers this everyday!!!

Does anyone know who the spokesperson Wayne Asplett is and what his qualifications are to make his comments?

Pm me and I'll point you in the right direction.

He is VERY anti pit bull. It's a shame that he's changed his website because there were some rantings on there regarding BSL and also rescue. I once helped a young girl get her Pitt cross puppy out of a pound, she went through the breed assessement and was cleared to go to the temp test. He sat outside of the pound the day the pup was released and waited for her to walk out the door. He was there waiting to see if he could seize the pup ( 9 weeks old ) for being without a muzzle. Young lady was too good for him and had her baby muzzled and leashed.

I have one word for that man and I can't use it here on DOL.

Nahh bugger it, go and look up NSW Animal Services or just google his name, he'll come up

Edited by ReadySetGo

Pm me and I'll point you in the right direction.

He is VERY anti pit bull. It's a shame that he's changed his website because there were some rantings on there regarding BSL and also rescue. I once helped a young girl get her Pitt cross puppy out of a pound, she went through the breed assessement and was cleared to go to the temp test. He sat outside of the pound the day the pup was released and waited for her to walk out the door. He was there waiting to see if he could seize the pup ( 9 weeks old ) for being without a muzzle. Young lady was too good for him and had her baby muzzled and leashed.

I have one word for that man and I can't use it here on DOL.

Nahh bugger it, go and look up NSW Animal Services or just google his name, he'll come up

What was now removed can still be seen. I have used archive searches to read quite a few pages deleted from various websites. Even entire websites that no longer exist.

Edited by -GT-

Hi ReadySetGo

Unsure why but I tried to send you a PM and got the message you were unable to receive. Will try again tomorrow.

I looked Wayne Asplet up on Google and he comes up as St George Animal Rescue Pty Ltd and as NSW Animal Services. NSW Animal Services appears to be used to outsource of dog catching by various councils? Am I correct?

Thanks

FH

Hi GT really stupid question but how do I look up archived pages??

Thanks

FH

Edited by freundhund

A pearl of Waynes wisdom as professional animal management expert.

Mr Asplet said American staffordshires were being allowed into the country despite the breed simply being another name for a pitbull terrier.... "The bull mastiff is a cross breed of a bulldog so therefore it is a restricted breed under the clear definition," "There's probably another few breeds that should be added to the list anyway."
Hi GT really stupid question but how do I look up archived pages??
all you do is go to an archive site, a simple basic one is wayback machine, then you put the url of the website in to the search and it will come up with all the indexed pages for particular months in years.