Guess Who We Met At The Park?

Simply Grand

So this arvo at the dog park it was pretty quiet, getting close to dark. I was there with Saxon and Riley (small), there was their friend Bibba, who is a little Poodle X, a Westie, and a Whippet running around (with owners of course). Then there was a Kangal adult ( but quite young I think) and a most gorgeous Leonberger pup! Apparently he was four months old and was quite happy to sit there while the rest of the dogs sniffed him.

Grumpy Saxon got a pit growly when both big dogs sniffed around his face, Riley squeaked when his tail accidently got stood on, then tucked it in, and the other two small dogs stood stock still when they were first sniffed but after a moment they all seemed cool and it was very cute.

It was so funny how the Leongerger, bigger than all the other little dogs combined, reacted like the young puppy he was and seemed a bit scared of the rest!

So cute :)

They were so amazing, gorgeous big dogs. I think I've come across the Kangal before but assume the Leonberger was a new addition. The owner was a quite young (mid-20s?) guy and doing a great job of socializing and training his dogs. Both were these gentle cuddly bears who just wanted to play but still were pretty gentle with dogs much smaller than them and just looked fascinated at meeting them all.

Sometimes I love our dog park!