Central Coasties

Guest Panzer Attack!

Guest Panzer Attack!

Hello! :)

My mother and stepfather have 99% committed (all I need is for her to physically say yes instead of asking me every question under the sun :laugh:) to adopting my foster child. Problem is that they live in NSW and I live in Melbourne, and I've never had a dog while being at home, so I have NO idea what kind of services are available up there.

They live in Saratoga/Davistown and I'm after obvious things like;

- decent vet

- grooming salon

- pet supply stores

etc, as well as things I have forgotten. I'm a groomer and work in the pet industry so I don't really think about this kind of stuff!

He's a 4 year old Papillon. Been desexed, microchipped and all that jazz. I'm buying him a crate so they can contain him in the car and for general things, he's already toilet trained so they only need to show him where to go. He's currently on Black Hawk but I want to change him back to Artemis - is this going to be hard to source on the CC? They don't use the net so if they can't locate it in a nearby store I'll have to order it online on their behalf. How does one register a dog in NSW? Just go to the council and pick up the appropriate forms? Is it still lifetime rego?

He already has a collar, lead, I'm buying him a bed as a going away present, a couple of toys, bowls (haha, Mum bought a bowl for Scooter - now she wants it back for Len LOL!), what else does he need?

I know to grab him some appropriate shampoo, conditioner, brush, nail clippers... errr...!

I want to set them up as best as possible, so any advice would be highly appreciated, from Coasties or otherwise :)

E x

PS: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm only 90% heartbroken now I know I can visit and see him whenever I'm able! And if they go away for long periods of time he comes back to stay with me! :D Oh yeah - pet sitters or boarding kennels too huh?

Hi PA...I am a coastie! But I live on the other side of the coast I am on the Gosford side :D

I work at Gosford Vet Hosp running their Puppy Classes. I am a vet nurse & I choose to take my pets there ;) They also have a lovely groomer that works at the back of the hosp. People can stay with their pets while they are groomed if they wish.

Hi PA,

At the roundabout at Davistown Rd and Avoca drive is Green Point Vet Clinic. You have to drive past it to get to Davistown/Saratoga http://www.greenpointvets.com.au/index.html

I can't speak highly enough of them as they have been fantastic for treating all of my furries at any time of the day or night. They have an open door policy and visits to sick pets and inspection of their facilities is encouraged.

It is run by Dr Andrew Radcliffe and on occasion when I do have a litter, they will come to my house to check/microchip & vaccinate, rather than have the puppies exposed at the clinic. :thumbsup:

They have grooming facilities as well but I have never used them.

For me they are everything I want in a vet and as a breeder who does have a certain amount of knowledge about their breed, they will listen to me and do what I ask instead of telling me what they are going to do.It really is a collaboration to benefit the dog. I love my Vet :D

He's currently on Black Hawk but I want to change him back to Artemis - is this going to be hard to source on the CC? They don't use the net so if they can't locate it in a nearby store I'll have to order it online on their behalf.

Any of the online stores will send Artemis to your parents but if you have any problems getting it whatsoever just email me at [email protected] , happy to send food anywhere in Australia and the freight price to Saratoga would be $9.65 for a big 13.6kg bag :)