7:30 Report Segment

Crysti_Lei

Isnt it amazing that the media keeps using the terms 'euthenasia' and 'put down'. It's about time they started saying that if the pet no longer matches the curtains and gets dumped IT WILL BE KILLED

The media is not alone.

I've never heard a DOL'r, faced with the hard decision, say "I had to kill my dog".

The media is not alone.

I've never heard a DOL'r, faced with the hard decision, say "I had to kill my dog".

I had to kill one of my dogs years ago but yes that's true - it is a hard thing for an owner to say but the media isnt reporting to the public about their own dogs and in that report it seemed really obvious to me that specific language was being used to tone it down which I dont think they should. When people dump their animals do you really think they acknowledge to themselves their pet will probably not get rescued or adopted, it will be injected. maybe if dumpers were forced to hold their animals as the hypodermic goes in they'd be less likely to cast them off when they get sick of them.

Although probably not. They'd just take them for a long drive instead

:eek: they took a dog straight from the pound to a home, what about quarantine?

** I am not aware of SAFE's procedures towards this, the dog may have been in quarantine but used for filiming purposes to look like it hadn't been in quarantine

** I am not aware of SAFE's procedures towards this, the dog may have been in quarantine but used for filiming purposes to look like it hadn't been in quarantine

;) Go to the top of the class., HM.

If that is what they did I am relieved

Edited by Hollys mummy

;)

If that is what they did I am relieved

Unfortunately , the footage was very heavily edited HM ........ and didn't actually show all of what we thought would have been. It was also noted by the carer that neither the reporter or cameraman were actually animal lovers ;)