Squinting

This morning I noticed my Rotty is squinting and closing her eyes.

She can open them her eyes, but not fully. She mostly is squinting or has her eyes closed.

Her eyes do not look swollen. She is eating and her behaviour this morning has been normal. I only noticed as her head banged into the wall.......she must have had her eyes shut. :o

Has anyone has an experience with something like this? Did you work out what it was? Did it just get better?

Thanks

Edited by buddy1

Hi.VET now.

squinting like that can mean several things .. and she would benefit from a vet visit. She is in pain for some reason...whether it be foreign bodies or injury to her eyes...or some other reason which is making her squint in pain ... maybe the light is hurting her eyes.... thee are eye problems and other conditions in which squinting is an early obvious symptom...

All of these are a really good reason for a check up ASAP.

best of luck at the vet...and don't be fobbed off with .."see how it goes in a day or so".... eyes, and symptoms involving them are a serious matter.

Edited by persephone

Agree with Persephone.

Get it looked at asap. Don't mess around with eyes. If you get on to things early they can be fixed but if left too long it can be irreparable. If you're not happy with what the vet says visit a vet opthalmologist - best money you'll pay to be happy with a diagnosis!!!