Extremely Matted Dogs Owned By Colleague - What To Do?

Alkhe

Thanks everyone :) Even if the dogs do get clipped before Friday and he doesn't even get a warning or.. whatever the process would ordinarily be.. at least they will be clipped! As much as I'd love for him to be taught a lesson, the key issue for me is the dogs' welfare. If they're ok, I'm happy.

I think you have handled this really well and you had some fantastic suggestions. I would have told him his dogs were in pain and constituted neglect and if he didn't take them to a groomers I would contact the authorities.. I know..wrong thing but it is how I am.

I had not seen this thread before. Anyway well done and hopefully these two poor wee dogs will be much more comfortable in a few days. Breaks my heart.

I totally understand where you are coming from- if it were a different situation, maybe I would have done that also. It’s just that this man has an explosive temper which I have borne the brunt of at work before. While it’s quite traumatic and uncomfortable at work, at least I know I’m surrounded by people and his behaviour is completely uncalled for and inappropriate, and everyone is there to witness it. I can’t guarantee that it would be ok if it were outside of work! Also, given how strained our working relationship now is (as a result of a number of that kind of incident.. and not just with me, for the record!!), I’m sure it would have ramifications all down the track. I'm already terrified that he knows it's me who reported him, even though I'm sure there's no way he could tell..

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I'd love for him to be taught a lesson, the key issue for me is the dogs' welfare. If they're ok, I'm happy.

well done again and that is absolutely the priority.

I'm already terrified that he knows it's me who reported him, even though I'm sure there's no way he could tell

I am sure there is no way he could tell either, rest easy and thank your lucky stars you aren't an impulsive character like me. I open my gob and the words just come out :(

Someone I know recently made a complaint about an animals condition and the authorities called the police as there was much more going on than neglected dogs. Serious criminal offences were unearthed... not in Australia. They didn't sleep too well for a while but we can't just look and see animals in terrible condition and walk on by...we just can't