Sugar Free Sweets

Loraine

Hi Loraine, hope your doggy feels better soon! :)

I don't personally believe in artificial sweeteners for even people, as they are bad for your body ! I am a diabetic and rarely touch the stuff . I was buying those sugar free lollies for a while, but don't anymore.

Accident do occur no matter how careful we are. however I do try to keep non doggy safe things in places where I hope they will never get to them. So far so good in all the years I have owned dogs. I guess it only takes one time tho.:o

Jules and English Ivy - I am pleased to say he suffered nothing more than a case of the 'runs' and a bout of throwing up. As I originally said he was taken to the vet and that was taken seriously, but we both found it funny for him as he is not normally interested in'human' food, and certainly not interested in lollies or chocs.

I guess you'd have to know him to see the funny side (once his health was checked). He is a very laid back boy, who is very obedient and very rarely puts a foot or paw wrong.

Jules I gave up sugar in my early teens (many moons ago :D ) and have just got onto these sweets as I am on a diet - strqange how all the recipes are for sweet things that I don't normally crave :D