Training Club Sydney Innerwest

I ask because I'm thinking of taking my greyhound Poppy aged six to obedience class there. The curriculum looks quite competitive. Greys are not renowned obedience dogs.

Any other suggestions?

I did go to Leichhardt years ago with Ginger who was very adept at obedience but it was kind of chaotic with all the off lead dogs around.

There is another mob at Homebush, Blessington Park, Saturday afternoon.

Thanks for your thoughts. You can PM me if you prefer.

Edited by Ginger's mum

I go to Sydney All Breeds on Sundays at Concord and am very, very happy there. I could go to the others that you suggest or Eastern Suburbs if I wanted to. I have been going to obedience clubs for 40 years, and I train at a couple of other clubs but find SABDTC excellent.

I find that the instructors at Sydney All Breeds have done quite a few courses one has done the NDTA course, another has done a lot of courses in the USA. Lots of motivational training, not just with food but with toys as well.

This club has no issues if you use a halti, a flat collar, a martingale collar or a check chain, if that is what suits your dog.

Also the club offers, obedience, basic start of agility and now starting to teach Rally-O.

I've trained at Western Suburbs (Bressington Park) but I trained on the Tuesday night trialling class, which would be different to the Satruday class as Sat class geared more towards pet people (Sat class was run by Delta trained people when I was there, Tues run by other triallers). I enjoyed the Tuesday class.