Bulk Worming Products

Cairo1

:wave: Hi All,

I am wondering what worming products those of you with multiple dogs use?? I am in Tas where there is no threat of heartworm and although there are fleas, our climate doesn't really support heaps of parasites (not like the warmer climates). Drontal is very expensive when you have multiple large breed dogs and I wondered if anyone uses Closasol?? It seems to cover most internal parasites but I am interested in how efficient people think it is?? I think it's only $59 on Vet Pet Direct. It sounds like a great deal but it is very cheap! What is the hitch??

Interested to hear your thoughts!

Cairo1

The Troy Wormex is probably a better option. It covers all the usual stuff as well as hydatids (which a lot of wormers don't cover).

I ordered some from here a few days ago, it's about $10 cheaper for the 40 pack than most other online stores.

I'd like to be able to use the Drontal (easier to administer) but we're currently worming five dogs on a schedule to prevent hydatids (as they're raw fed) so the cost was just way out of our range.

If you read the product description for the closasol, you'll notice it doesn't cover whipworm or hydatid tapeworms- this is why it's so much cheaper.

The Troy Wormex is probably a better option. It covers all the usual stuff as well as hydatids (which a lot of wormers don't cover).

I ordered some from here a few days ago, it's about $10 cheaper for the 40 pack than most other online stores.

I'd like to be able to use the Drontal (easier to administer) but we're currently worming five dogs on a schedule to prevent hydatids (as they're raw fed) so the cost was just way out of our range.

If you read the product description for the closasol, you'll notice it doesn't cover whipworm or hydatid tapeworms- this is why it's so much cheaper.

Ahhh, thank you for that! I obviously missed the whip worm information. . . . I did wonder. . . . I will have a look at your link and go from there. I have four GSDs and two shelties so never mind the cost of food; it's the worming that costs!!

Cheerio and thanks again!!

Cairo1

Thank you for all your input! It's been really useful!

I think I will give it a go . . . . . In the mean time I will read up on the whip worm and find out what conditions they need to thrive in. We are lucky here in Tas in that the cooler climate seems to keep a lid on bugz 'n grubz :laugh: We do have ticks but they aren't terribly common as they might be in NSW and QLD.

Thanks a gain! ;)

Cairo1