Snake Chain

blitz3

I use a snake chain on an OES which doesn't tangle the hair. I also use one on my female weim but only because she showed better on it. i find some show worse on a chain than nylon/soft slips or martingales. I'd make sure it works well on your dog (ie borrow one) before purchasing one.

i have a friend who shows staffords and she uses the collar on her boy and a chain on her bitch - the bitch slips the collar set unfortunately... i thing those collar sets are very deceptive and hide a long neck very well hahahaha they do look nice but a chain also has the same effect and gives more control

Hi,

I went to a handling seminar and what was recommended there was a flat linked check chain, reason being is they release easier, quicker and with a very slight hand movement. It took me alot of google searching to find them........they come in different gauges and lengths but from what I can see only in silver........and they work as the pro handler said, they are excellent.

i have a friend who shows staffords and she uses the collar on her boy and a chain on her bitch - the bitch slips the collar set unfortunately... i thing those collar sets are very deceptive and hide a long neck very well hahahaha they do look nice but a chain also has the same effect and gives more control

And conceals so much of a correct neck that the head looks to be sitting directly on the shoulders.....

No one can show everywhere of course, but where I participate most aren't using the stafford collars these days. Snake chains, check chains & sprenger martingales seem to the collars of choice.

These types held under the jaw give an unimpeded view of the dog profile on the stack.

I have about six stafford collars rolling around the bottom of my tack box that hardly ever see the light of day any more.