Adelaide Dog Sport Club

Hey guys, I had planned to attend my first class with these guys tonight however unfortunately, when I went to look up the address just then, it turns out the site is down for maintenance. I can not remember where they were located so hoping that someone here knows.

I am hoping the site will be up and running again soon, but just in case I thought I would post here as this was where I first heard of them and I really don't want to miss class tonight.

Eastern Parade Ottoway is where it is - not sure on the exact address - PM SecretKei if she doesn't see this thread.

Thank you, from your post I discovered they have a facebook page which includes their location so all good. Have to learn to stop leaving things to the last minute haha.

:rofl: about leaving things to the last minute. Have fun - they are a really great bunch of people from my observation the evening I gatecrashed when SecretKei was down. I would love to gatecrash one of there tracking training sessions at some point as I would be interested to see how they teach it compared to how we learned at the tracking club. Edited by ness

:rofl: about leaving things to the last minute. Have fun - they are a really great bunch of people from my observation the evening I gatecrashed when SecretKei was down. I would love to gatecrash one of there tracking training sessions at some point as I would be interested to see how they teach it compared to how we learned at the tracking club.

Ness you should just join ;) . Schutzhund Kenz :thumbsup:

I had an amazing time - I finally think I have found my club :) And the best part, they seem to like Sammy and think he has good potential :)

Great people though, I am just so happy that I finally found something that both Sammy and I can really get excited about. And people as obsessed with their dogs as what I am lol. I mean obedience is great and very important and we'll never stop doing that, but it's awesome to be able to balance it out with some sports and give Sammy an opportunity to utilise his working ability (if he has any haha).

And I learned a lot as well. In some of the other threads I've talked about how Sammy responds to me differently sometimes to how a lot of other dogs seem to, and as soon as they saw Sammy they said that we had somehow developed a very strong bond and that Sammy has very high pack drive (I didn't really understand pack drive before and it's something I want to do more research into since it's supposedly no.1 for Sammy). One of the trainers actually said that he was a bit scared to tell me how to do things, because it might ruin what I had with Sammy because right now we were just achieving results without over-thinking everything. So he wants me to watch the other dogs, and then kind of work out how to do it for ourselves to an extent.

We were supposed to wait until next introductory day (1st session in Dec) before we could start training, but I think Sammy and I came across as a little keen lol so they now say we can get him out on the field this Saturday and see what we can make of it.

You will love it. Might see you down there soon too, we'll be down in December for the workshop then into the serious training next year when it all starts up again.:D

Did you get to meet any baby Maligators?:laugh:

I saw one Malinois... but I also saw a big rottie and as the owner of a dobie cross rottie well you can probably guess who got me more excited lol. When the rottie went for the sleeve the guy had to release it because otherwise the dog would have taken him down - all very exciting for someone who has never seen this sort of thing in the flesh before.

The mal was very fast though, and damn could it jump...

Will you be down with your new pup??