Red Hot Liquid

Guest english.ivy

Guest english.ivy

Red Hot Liquid

Has anyone used this on their dogs bedding? Will it deter him from sleeping on the bed I spray it on? Even though I only intend on spraying the corners where he has already chewed.

My Pointer is a chewer and he chews his bedding, I'm fed up replacing bedding and now have to remove all expensive comfy bedding during the day or he will eat it. Or I will eat him!

He has plenty to do, dogs to annoy, gets exercise; he just loves to chew. Don't care if he eats other stuff, just hate him eating the bedding. Hopefully he will grow out of it.

Yup tried deer antlers, but he isn't interested. I want him to have a cosy bed to sleep on during the day.

eta - don't let that beautiful liver and white face below drag you in!

Edited by english.ivy

Guest english.ivy

Could you try the trampoline style kramar type bed for during the day? no soft edges to chew?

They have one of those but my Belgian prefers that one and Badger prefers a bed he can snuggle into.

Maybe I'll just keep putting that bed away during the day. As he only chews it during the day. I don't want to put anything on it and then he won't go near it at all.

Then if he does end up destroying it [i'll still kill him .. joking] and then go back to cheap hessian bedding.

Could you try the trampoline style kramar type bed for during the day? no soft edges to chew?

They have one of those but my Belgian prefers that one and Badger prefers a bed he can snuggle into.

Maybe I'll just keep putting that bed away during the day. As he only chews it during the day. I don't want to put anything on it and then he won't go near it at all.

Then if he does end up destroying it [i'll still kill him .. joking] and then go back to cheap hessian bedding.

My dog still eats his trampoline bed..... :eek:

I've used it - with great success :thumbsup:

Sprayed it on edges of tramp beds and also the inside futon part of snooza beds. It absolutely stinks and is lethal when spraying it - but leave it outside to dry off and its okay. Dogs still used the beds and chewing stopped after a mouthful or so. But one of my girlfriends tried it with her lot - and unfortunately her girl liked the taste... :laugh:

Funniest thing was though - I went into Horseworld looking for a similar but different product and they only had the red hot spray in stock. And when in casual conversation I wondered out loud how bad it actually tasted - the assistant actually tasted some herself (now thats customer service) and honestly I have never seen anything so funny in my life. Her reaction convinced me to buy the product and whenever I think about it now - I still laugh.

Cheers

Badger sounds just like Abbie. She looooves to rip apart all her beds (but only when no one's home). I quickly gave up on giving her anything expensive or easily destroyed, after coming home to stuffing and mattress everywhere on numerous times. I keep them outside during the day and they have a kennel with some carpet nailed to the floor and one of those kramar shadecloth beds. The mattress and blankets are all for indoors only now. Funny thing is though, i've come home and snuck up on them quite a few times before and they're always resting out on the lawn or on the bricks instead!

Edited by tiff-689

Guest english.ivy

Badger, lay on bricks pfft! He's too much of a princess.

:laugh: And thanks to Badger, there isn't much grass left. We have one section fenced off so the grass can grow.

Hmm I might get some next pay week. It could also make him learn to stop chewing anything he feels like chewing.