Motorcycle Track Day At Broadford

Kirislin

thanks for that link, yes he sure does have some great angles. I was quite restricted in where I was allowed to go. Basically just one corner, so I didn't have much opportunity for shots. If I go again I will ask about crossing the track and getting to some other places.

Great photos! I'm no photographer but I can appreciate the tricky art of shutter speed. Riders can pay up to $30 a photo if you make them look fast :laugh:

If you want to see some great angles to photograph motorbikes from look for Ray Oxford on Facebook ( link might not work http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000105075640&sk=photos)

Mmmm... I know Ray... and his daughter very well. :) His photography is stunning, not just his bike pics. Have you seen some of his holiday pics. Just brilliant. I poured through albums one day with them with my jaw on the floor with each page turned.

Krislin, great shots once again. You do take some very crisp shots. I may have said this last time, but the corner your taking the pics from is the last left onto the straight and apart from catching the wheelstands coming out of crash corner, it is the best place to take pics. If you can position yourself on the inside of the exit a little way down the straight, you will get pics of the fast guys that look like this below. I can't enlarge it, as I never bought the full pic and now can't remember who took it. But the point is, that in that position, you get them at the maximum lean (Which every rider wants a pic of) :) for the entire track and you are 3/4 from the front, so it looks very spectacular.

I had a mate up there on an all green bike with black leathers. He was in the novice group, but any chance you took some of him?

post-38517-0-75307900-1322730052_thumb.jpg

Great photos! I'm no photographer but I can appreciate the tricky art of shutter speed. Riders can pay up to $30 a photo if you make them look fast :laugh:

If you want to see some great angles to photograph motorbikes from look for Ray Oxford on Facebook ( link might not work http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000105075640&sk=photos)

Mmmm... I know Ray... and his daughter very well. :) His photography is stunning, not just his bike pics. Have you seen some of his holiday pics. Just brilliant. I poured through albums one day with them with my jaw on the floor with each page turned.

I haven't met Ray personally but he has taken many photos of me at Eastern Creek. His travel photos are amazing! (and just the amazing places he goes)

I'm sorry Kirslin for the OT :o

Here is one Ray took of me on 'George' he knew my bike well.

168780_192419370771564_100000105075640_803704_8176504_n.jpg

thankyou both, I dont mind you posting these extra pics, I am very much learning about this, although I must say my interest is photographing bikes has been sparked.

One problem I'm having though is that a few people asked me for photos and I just gave them away. I am now feeling disappointed because I didn't even get a thankyou. :( It's all I would have wanted.

Now I'm thinking if someone does ask again I should charge them because it seems no one appreciates a simple kindness. I realise that creates all sorts of issues and problems for me regarding insurance and other stuff.

O&Z Z I think I know where you mean. I've been walking through the double gates where the riders enter the track and then I just go straight up to that corner and move about a bit there, sometimes near the big gum tree as they're coming into that corner and sometimes more to catch them as they're coming out. My lens isn't that long though, I'm not sure how far back towards the gate I could go and still get good enough detail. If and when I go back I'll try though because I was getting a bit bored with my pics.

I'll look through my pics for the green bike with black leathers but I dont think I have any.